Future State: Teen Titans Spoilers-Discussion Issues 1-2

Future State is here. This is the place to talk about individual titles, this time FS: Teen Titans.

2 Likes

Well, it certainly is a bleak future in the DCU. If it’s not a dystopia it’s an apocalypse. Lot going on here, and I’m not sure I completely understand it. I mean, I enjoyed it, I’m intrigued by it, I want to see where it goes, but I don’t necessarily understand everything that happened.
First, I guess this means that Dick Grayson became Deathstroke at some point. Was he a good guy, bad guy? No idea. And, Red X who I have no idea whose behind the mask, tried to save someone from something thing and Dail H caused a giant kablooey. Said kablooey and/or follow-on effects of kablooey killed Donna, Wally, Wallace and more.
I’m enjoying the dynamic, as disfunctional as it is, and look forward to having this explained to me in issue two. Enjoyable, but leaves me pleasantly confused.

After seeing yet again DC working on killing off the real Titans not these lesser/fake Titans in the preview I lost interest. Not interested in seeing Dick become Deathstroke or any form of anti-hero or villain. It goes against his whole character and what he stands for. Will not bee reading this.

1 Like

your aware one of the two dead titans is Raven right?

I get that. I don’t mind in Future State because it’s just a possible future. I saw the preview for FS Flash and it looked like Evil Wally West and passed on that.

Yeah, your point? She’s a real Titan in my book cuz she debuted in NTTs so not happy about it. If they’re not one of the OG sidekicks or from NTT’s or before then they’re lesser/fake Titans imo.

1 Like

See, and that’s a problem for me. This IS a possible future and I don’t like it. Everything in Future State is what DC would like to get into within the next year or 2. But in the chance something isn’t well received they have a back up plan. Really they’re just throwing noodles at the wall to see if it sticks. And I’m not gonna support something I don’t wanna see stick.
I hope that doesn’t come off antagonistic. It’s not meant to. I just don’t want this.

1 Like

have you read the book? cause that’s not at all what happened.

msgtv: actually wally has been possessed by one of the riders of the apocalypse so he is not evil.

also, the Future State event is interesting because it actually is both and not a possible future, death metal 7 states that the world its taking place in is no longer the center of the multiverse ie earth prime/zero and that they are two basically two energy signatures/multiverses away for that center meaning this earth is now eather the new earth 2 or the new earth 4 after the reconstruction of the multiverse by the Hands, Generations shatter also has implications linking it to the events of Future state. which will take place in generations lost.

1 Like

Not antagonistic at all. You explained your opinion. That’s the whole point of being here. No fun if we all just cheerlead for everything that’s put out.

2 Likes

That’s fine that Wally’s possessed, but while I’ve liked to love everything I’ve read in FS so far (expect HQ which just didn’t work for me) seeing a preview with Wally acting evil (regardless of reason) just didn’t make me want to read it. Probably something I’d check out in six months when it hits DCUI.

2 Likes

No. But like I said that’s just what I took from what I did see and it didn’t make me wanna read it.
As for the reconstruction of the multiverse, hopefully they can actually create a timeline that makes sense then. I’m okay with the reconstruction. We needed it. But now we need to know what really happened in this new timeline.

Get a copy of DC Nations Presents DC future state explains the timeline of the event. i found it free on amazon.

I really want to know more about this new Titan Gorilla Gregg

2 Likes

Enquiring minds want to know
It’s fun when they drop you into a group and you get these small glimpses of new people and you try to figure out what they’re about, Totally Tubular

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen it but that doesn’t set a timeline for after or even before it! And this event is only a POSSIBLE future meaning whatever sells will eventually pithing the next year or two actually come to fruition. Everything else will be tossed. The entire timeline of the universe makes no sense.

1 Like

Well, some of it is the books are not being printed in chronological order, but instead are being released by the normal publication dates. (there is a ‘timeline’ at the bottom of the first three pages)

You are missing the entire point of what I’m saying. It’s not that Future State doesn’t or has an out of wack timeline, it’s that the universe hasn’t had a set/official timeline since New 52. And what little we “know” of it contradicts with the “everything happened, everything’s important” mantra from Rebirth. Nothing connects and nothing makes sense. If Death Metal and Future State are reconstructing the multiverse then can we actually a timeline that makes sense for this earth?

well as I understand it rebirth is still earth prime universes. when the timeline got screwed with by doc Manhatten and he failed at ‘fixing’ the timeline at the end of Doomsday Clock and the timeline restabilized back into the New 52 timeline with some changes but not many.

Batman Catwoman seems to be setting a timeline for the aforementioned power couple threw rebirth.

I read the issue. I also understood about 10% of it…

1 Like