Future State: Superman of Metropolis Spoilers Discussion Issues 1-2

Rated the books #8, #9, and #7 this week on my review.

Rough
#9 Mister Miracle part 1 (Superman of Metropolis #1) → I guess it happened? I have a lot of questions and not a lot of answers. It wasn’t my favorite art, and a lot of it just didn’t make sense, but it was fine. Some interesting ideas for who this Mister Miracle is, but often I couldn’t tell what was going on and things didn’t make much sense.

Okay
#8 The Guardian Part 1 (Superman of Metropolis #1) → This issue did a great job world building, but frankly it left me underwhelmed. I guess looking at it there’s some cool stuff, and some cool ideas, but a lot of story choices didn’t work for me. The world building was awesome, but the guardian characterization was confusing and rough. When it focused on Metropolis’s status quo, it was doing really cool insightful stuff. When it wasn’t, it wasn’t clicking for me.

Good
#7 Superman of Metropolis #1 An adult Jon with a personality? I’ll take it. There are a lot of ideas that only sorta make sense. There’s a perception that s*** went down and now Jon is struggling. Facing self doubt and trying to figure out any solution to his problem. He’s desperate, but most importantly, he’s not Clark 2.0. In fact the story goes out of it’s way to make that clear, and as such, this is the most interesting take on “adult” Jon I’ve seen and that alone makes it worth it. Do I think it’s an amazing take? No. But it’s a believable take that gives him something. I’ll take it.

Full Review:

4 Likes