Future State: Catwoman Spoiler-Discussion Issues 1-2

Need a good spot to talk about individual Future State comics? This is the place for Future State: Catwoman

1 Like

Perfect. Just a perfect comic book issue. We start with people being lined up for the trains, told to leave their personal stuff behind, everything would be provided. No further proof needed that Gotham is under a fascist regime.
It seems like Selina and her crew, including Chesire, have a good old fashioned heist going on to save people. But, as we get further into the action more and more characters and twists drop on us. Knew that the council rep was the plant, but the plant being Talia was a surpise. Then to find Batman!. Looking forward to part 2.

2 Likes

SHOES! I love this character with all my heart and I’m so glad we have them here :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Was NOT expecting Talia there but it’s not a bad surprise. Can’t wait to see how this ends!!

2 Likes

So cool

1 Like

Oh I LOVED this issue. I was already anticipating it knowing that Ram V and Otto Schmidt, two of my favorite new/upcoming creators were doing this awesome Catwoman train robbery, but once Talia showed up and we found out that the high value prisoner was Bruce? So excited to see what happens next month. :smiley:

2 Likes

Surprise of the week

1 Like

I keep saying Ram V is the best writer working at DC right now and he keeps proving me right. This and Swamp Thing are the highlights of Future State.

3 Likes

Hard to argue against that, and we’re saying that Swamp and Cat are the best books. Just putting those two titles into prominence is an achievement

1 Like

I think this might be my favorite Future State so far. Story and art work had a great feel. I cant wait to see where it goes next! Very well done. :+1:

2 Likes

This is another I probably wouldn’t have picked up if I hadn’t started all this FS threads, but so glad I did.

1 Like

Right? I was originally going to wait on it, but I’m glad I didn’t! Thank you for making these threads, btw! :fist:

1 Like

I am excited about what is going to happen next and am I wondering who Cheshire Cat is I am hoping its one Helena Wayne…or it could be Punchline as that would be a great little twist. …then i read the last issue of Batman Dark Detective implies it is in fact batman and I love the idea of the demon and the cat teaming up to save the man Catwoman for sure loves. …however then this happened in The Next batman’s Gotham sirens episode…ya…No…it seems one of these events may have finally claimed the cat…and the bat tends to die a year after he loses his cat.

yet supermans wife gets to live to a ripe old age despite Superman revealing his identity as superman… SHARE THE MISSERY A BIT MORE FAIRLY DC, IF BATCAT CANT BE TOGETHER SUPERMAN SHOULD BECOME A WIDOW…outside of Injustice (sorry lois i love ya but superman should not have more support than the guy who carries the DC universe. If DC killed the beloved character of Alfred…TWICE IN CANNON… why should you be safe)…OR HAVE LOIS DIVORCE SUPERMAN.

2 Likes

So very much loved issue 2. This is a great Cat/Bat story, with nice helpings of Chesire, Talia and Onomatopoeia. Too often writers forget the core function of characters. While Batman is a hero and detective, and Catwoman is a thief. That’s why this heist, in which she acts heroic works perfectly for her. In all the dismal dystopia of Magistrate’s Gotham, Catwoman gives us that ray of hope.

I had to look up the spelling of Onomatopoeia

1 Like

are you referring to Chesire Cat as Chesire? Because Chesire cat is too short to be Chesire.I think this is Helena Kyle Wayne (Helena Waynes re-design has her with green eyes)

I also love that they had Selina slap bruce in the face before kissing him. it was a geat part of future state I hope we get her stealing something important at the end of Dark knight detective or Batman/superman future state.

2 Likes

I was wondering if that was Cheshire herself, she looked awfully young and with the dyed hair. Helena Kyle Wayne makes sense of Selina acting somewhat protective in issue 1. Thanks for the heads up, makes more sense to me now.

1 Like

Like Batgirl Year One, I missed this, but it was such a fantastic miniseries. Powerful, exciting, full of invention and emotion, and a satisfying ending for two issues. Plus amazing, amazing art by Otto Schmidt. This, Immortal Wonder Woman, and Outsiders (the backup in Next Batman 1 and 3) were top tier books for me in January and February.

1 Like

The Catwoman book was a complete surprise for me. Picked up on a whim and was one of my favorites for Future State

1 Like