Future of Justice League Dark

I didn’t mind Frank being on the team, he was in Gotham City Monsters or whatever it was called, so he is still around. Though he was a hard fit for the team, in my opinion, since it didn’t make sense that he would just leave SHADE so they would have to explain that well enough.

2 Likes

Frank is effective at fighting magical villains. :slight_smile: Shade is really cool too. I personally thought he should have had more spotlight.

2 Likes

Me toooooooo! Can’t wait for the next flick or serial or whatever. Feed the beast!

1 Like

I really want Deadman back. I’m cool with a lot of the founding members being gone but aside from Boston being my favorite DC character, he and Zatanna were the two most consistent members of the original JLD. It really doesn’t feel right having the team without him.

I kind of want Wonder Woman off the team, honestly. I love Diana, she’s great, but I feel like Zatanna should be enough of a headliner on her own. Diana just doesn’t quite fit in, the way her stories have always handled mythology feels like a very different animal from the sorcery of the DC Universe’s true blue magic side. And I get that was the whole point of putting her on it in the first place and I’ve enjoyed her inclusion but I guess I just want that slot on the team to go to someone whose whole deal is more magical. I think if you wanna drag one of the bigger-name heroes into the dark for juxtaposition, Shazam would be a better-suited pick, though with how hardcore JLD’s been lately I wouldn’t wanna totally break Billy either.

It’s hard for me to come up with a dream JLD lineup because I love the magic side of the DC Universe so much. I think one of the cool things about the old JLD book was that the cast changed around with some regularity. Lots of temporary members, folks who were just needed for the story, etc. I think in time pretty much anyone can and should be on the JLD, maybe even villains like Grundy could be phased in for a while.

I think John Constantine should be eased up on though. I don’t like the status he’s climbed to as this rockstar problem solver in the DC magic community. He’s just not well-suited to a superhero team. I feel like enough people have dealt with Constantine to know that he’s a last resort, and he’s been treated like a first resort for a while.

2 Likes

i think Deadman and John C make a good team, they are liked Scooby- Doo, Dead is Scoob and John C is Scrappy.

1 Like

I would love for Boston to come back. If Manbat leaves, Deadman should take his place. Both of them are kinda the comic relief of the team (in different ways, Manbat being cute and silly, while Deadman is more sarcastic and dry). His power set make him really a situational member though. Like take over peoples bodies can only help so far. But that being said, I do love him.

Also, while I would be okay with no Wonder Woman, I feel like she needs to stay. I think she brings people in, and keeps sales up.

I don’t mind the team changing it up every once in a while, but I like a stable team roster. But as long as Zatanna is still around, I’ll be happy haha.

Poison Ivy would be an interesting replacement for Swamp Thing, since she has a green connection.

1 Like

This may have been covered somewhere else, but the last issue I see on the app is from over a year ago. Any plans to add recent issues?

1 Like

@hooksbillz.84335
They add issues after they have been published for a year, so our comics are always one year behind. We will see more JLD as they exit the less than one year old window.

1 Like

I have always loved jld I grew up with it and seeing it being used as a backup for the jl is disappointing I hope the new magical adventures will be in their own solo comic like before and is there any new information on a new comic for them? The last time I saw them was in future state

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, @ricanmsp777.13205! Glad to have you here with us :smiley:

At this point in time, we do not have any updates to share concerning JLD :frowning: but keep your eyes and ears peeled, friend! Fingers crossed that we’ll get something really cool soon!

1 Like

As I recall, their supposed to be in a back up feature in the justice league book right?

1 Like

Correct. I see folks posting the back up JLD story did happen in JL 59. Awaiting my copy via the mail as supply/demand beat my pull list. (whoops).

1 Like

I believe the last we saw of Justice League Dark was Justice League 74. I wonder what the future of this team is. I want more Justice League Dark

1 Like