Funeral for a Friend

Who were Superman’s pallbearers in funeral for a friend I heard on some old website that beast boy was a pallbearer there was a link with a picture but the website was over 10 years old and the link no longer worked, the picture I saw on a poster don’t have Beastboy as a pallbearer it had Batman Robin wonder woman flash green lantern Aquaman.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Yeah that is what I thought I Don’t know why people mentioned Beast Boy although the Kent’s weren’t at the funeral in the actual story so idk if in the storyline it differs

3 Likes

I’m gonna guess because this image is also out there, which for whatever reason edits Batman and Robin out of the image-

3 Likes

Now wtf they’d Do that

It even Looks altered smh

1 Like

Maybe they felt bad they Left Beast boy out of the other one

1 Like

The Altered version must imply that Batman is Magic, … … … and Robin is a Beast!

1 Like

Well, they were thorough. they replaced Captain “Shazam” Marvel with someone else. His spot was next to Booster and Blue Beetle. And they got rid of someone i do not recognize.

But yo. Darkseid showed up.

2 Likes

Neil Gaiman’s Sandman is there too.

1 Like

Who knows. My guess is that at the time, they were still trying to cling to the 'Batman is just an urban myth trope, so he wouldn’t have been a pallbearer (and he wasn’t in the actual issue).

2 Likes

He was in the Distance

1 Like

I think it was spectre

I think Shazam is replaced by Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt. I’m not sure though.

1 Like

Spectre is more in the background, near Wildcat, Jay Garrick and Alan Scott

2 Likes

Contrary to the picture shared by @TheTerribleToyman, those were not Superman’s pallbearers. In Superman: The Man of Steel No. 20, this is the only panel where you see Superman’s pallbearers actually carrying the casket:

Granted you can’t see their faces, but my guess is that his pallbearers were all of the people who also fought Doomsday. So going clockwise from the top right, we’ve got Supergirl, Maxima, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold (in civilian clothes since Doomsday wrecked his suit), Bloodwynd (aka Martian Manhunter, though the only person who knew that was Blue Beetle), and Ice.

Regardless, we can all agree that Beast Boy was NOT a pallbearer :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I think the big he Honchos were at the podium

1 Like

Why didn’t Best “Superfriends” Help Fight Doomsday? Wonder Woman The Flash Green Lantern Green Arrow Batman and Robin help fight Doomsday Martian Manhunter was There unknowingly, huh, Some friends…? Not Very “Super” of them. SMH

1 Like

Nice Supergirl and Powergirl were There by his Sides a family of sorts

I imagine that was a decision made by editors at the time.

They did retroactively correct that in the animated movie.

1 Like