Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

The Authority: The Lost Year #4: Princess & The Pea, Mighty Mouse’s catch phrase & The Green Mile.

2 Likes

The Authority: The Lost Year #4: Star Trek.

2 Likes

The Authority: The Lost Year #6: Clippers shirt, Tinkerbell, Wizard of Oz, Mark Twain quote, Sleeping Beauty, Star Wars & LOTR.

2 Likes

The Authority: The Lost Year #8: Beyoncé.

2 Likes

The Authority: The Lost Year #9: Disneyland.

2 Likes

The Authority:The Lost Year #11: Yogi Berra quote.

2 Likes

Harley Quinn: The Animated Series: The Eat. Bang! Kill Tour: Lady and the Tramp, & Rambo.

2 Likes

Shadowpact #1: Hellboy reference.

2 Likes

Shadowpact #3: Winter Of Our Discontent- John Steinbeck’s last novel.

2 Likes

Shadowpact #5: Monopoly reference.

Shadowpact #7: Issac Asimov big time Science Fiction writer.

Shadowpact #11: C.S Lewis (Narnia).

Shadowpact #16: Hollywood Blvd. Walk of Fame/ Star.

I’m locked :lock: up for posting too many @KeyFamily. I won’t be online too much longer today anyways. Then, I’ll be off til Tuesday cuz of the Browns. But, just FYI just in case? I’m sure it will be unlocked by the time I return either way​:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’ve got you @capo-mage! :grinning:

Year One: Batman/Scarecrow #1

Ulysess, James Joyce, & the song Amazing Grace

2 Likes

Ty. I know I used a spot up but had to lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Red Lanterns #7: Rebel Yell- Billy Idol studio album.

2 Likes

Stormwatch #9: The Da Vinci Code (a) with Apollo basically doing the Vitruvian Man, then the actual Vitruvian Man & Leonardo Da Vinci references.

2 Likes

Red Lanterns #13: Eyes Without A Face- Billy Idol.

2 Likes

Titans United #2: Back to the Future & Keira Knightley.

2 Likes

Man-Bat #3: David Cronenberg, B TAS almost exactly the title of Man-Bats episode On Leather Wings.

2 Likes

Suicide Squad #2: The Real World & an EGOT. not sure if more b/c got an Alfred oh dear this page won’t load message the very next page?

2 Likes

The Dreaming: Waking Hours #9: LOTR Gandalf.

2 Likes

Hardware #22: Brooks Brothers & Ringling Bros, Shakespeare Henry IV Part 2, Mozart, Charles Mingus, Thelonious Monk, Felix Mendelssohn, My Favorite Things, We Are The World.

2 Likes