Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

Green Lantern #119: Sandy Koufax.

3 Likes

Green Lantern #20: Florence Nightingale.

4 Likes

Green Lantern #121: Moby Dick, Scooby-Doo, Fred, Daphne.

5 Likes

Green Lantern #125: Tomb Raider, Shecky Greene, Howard Carter, The Terra-Cotta Warriors, Boris Karloff.

5 Likes

Green Lantern #137-#138: Cubs, Tiffany’s, Nintendo (half of an old school Nintendo sign), Hannibul Lecter. Incorrect spelling on Hannibal but that’s how they had it. Last name is correct? & Seinfeld.

5 Likes

Green Lantern #138: Jaws, movie quote.

4 Likes

Green Lantern #140: Bein’ Green, Touched By An Angel.

4 Likes

Green Lantern #142: Ben Obi Kenobi.

5 Likes

Green Lantern #144: H.P. Lovecraft.

5 Likes

Green Lantern #151: Olsen Twins & Logan’s Run.

3 Likes

Future State: Green Lantern #1: The Taking of Pelham 123 (play on it).

3 Likes

Future State: Teen Titans #1: Keebler Elf.

3 Likes

The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox #3: The Wire (lol another one).

Hey @scoop001 can u make a comment & unlock me please? I’m locked out at 20 straight for the 1st X ever on this one lol…or @KeyFamily if you’re around buddy…?

3 Likes

Be free @capo-manger!

3 Likes

Green Lantern #152: Back to the Future (Doc Brown).

Ty @scoop001!!! Could u tell I was waiting lol. Posted less than a second after u freed me lol.

4 Likes

Green Lantern #153: Lakers & Dodgers pennants.

3 Likes

Green Lantern #156 Kermit & Batmobile bumper sticker.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the thread support, @scoop001! Gotta keep those references alive!

Future State: The Dark Detective #1

Gotham City Villains playing cards (so cool!)

@capo-mangerHuntress is coming! P. S. You digging Green Lantern Future State? I see you’ve been hitting the Lantern books hard lately! Love the variety!

3 Likes

Oh Future State is amazing so far…- I was gonna wait til they all dropped & read em in the reading order instead of release date. But, as soon as they dropped I nailed em’. Forgot, I went back to clean up the Rayner Green Lantern & didn’t realize I had so many unread. That’s why I’ve been nailing those GLS lately. I love it, I just didn’t know there were any besides super old ones I hadn’t read yet?

3 Likes

I love when that happens! Super cautious about Future State based on the “mask and cape” angst it’s gearing up with, although I’m always down to watch our heroes face challenges and triumph through it all. It’s a nice surprise that DC is scraping their catalog for some of the lesser known characters, tying them into these new stories in meaningful ways.

3 Likes