Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

The All New Atom #1: Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan, & Willard the rat.

4 Likes

The All New Atom #2: Sweep the Leg Karate Kid reference with confirmation.

5 Likes

The All New Atom #6-#7: High Noon & Gary Cooper, The Love Boat & Patton Oswald quote, Bonanza.

4 Likes

The All New Atom #8: Howdy Doody Time (I put Jim Croce Time in a Bottle on Musical there were 3 time based music titles) & GTA.

4 Likes

The All New Atom #9: Ramen & Garfield III.

4 Likes

The All New Atom #13: King Kong, Kermit & Conan O’Brien.

4 Likes

The All New Atom #14-#15: Happy Days & characters referenced & Piggly Wiggly.

4 Likes

The All New Atom #16: Twilight Zone & Star Trek.

5 Likes

The All New Atom #17: Al Capone.

5 Likes

The All New Atom #19: Parcheesi, Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry.

5 Likes

I hate to do it but I posted that one lol. Still give it a like tho cuz it’s a good one!!! I know how hard it is to check all of em’. I just post & hope cuz it would take up your whole day searching these for one panel. That’s all we can do tho. Just post & wait to see if it’s a double up?

5 Likes

@stefanie.m It’s right here. I checked just to make 100% sure I wasn’t claiming one I didn’t have. It’s cut off in this repost but the original is fine.

5 Likes

e473b8ba688cb8d469ec77d7ce439c96

Womp womp

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: it’s not Mario down the hole bad lol. That’s hilarious tho. I do it all the time trust me. I’ve even doubled myself up several times.

5 Likes

Static #13: Virgil singin about his manhole cover (disc) to the theme of the Love Boat.

4 Likes

Part of me thinks he’s referring to Conan the barbarian based on the context I see here, but that orange hair sure is convincing :thinking:

Also, Kermit :laughing:

4 Likes

Thought the same but yeah the red hair & he doesn’t look anything like Conan the Barbarian & it wouldn’t be a burn to call someone Conan the barbarian. The red hair seals it.

Batman Beyond #49: Star Wars references.

5 Likes

Dark Knights Death Metal: The Multiverse That Laughs #1: Amadeus (the movie).

4 Likes

Red Hood #51: Mickey Mouse & Kanye West.

4 Likes

The Other Side of the DC Universe #1: Black September attacks at the 72’ Olympic Games, Wheaties & Mark Spitz, James Baldwin & Maya Angelou, Foxy Brown (Pam Grier), Jim Kelly, Gary Coleman, Jimmy Carter, Snickers & Milk Duds, Reggie Jackson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, & Ronald Reagan buttons.

5 Likes