Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

The Sandman #35: LOTR Bilbo the spider part lol.

2 Likes

The Sandman #36: They Might Be Giants- The Nightgown Of The Sullen Moon, Jim Morrison, The Velvet Underground, & Lou Reed- Satellite Of Love.

2 Likes

Refrigerator full of heads #4: Frankie Goes to Hollywood, & M.A.S.H., Casey Kasem.

Catwoman #40: Indiana Jones.

I’M LOCKED :lock: OUT @staticshocks , @Shayera.Hol , @Alec.Holland etc. Or IF ANYONE SEES THIS & COULD UNLOCK ME? Appreciate it….

Gen-13 #4: Kodak, Baldwin’s, America’s Most Wanted, Spider-Man & Jim Lee.

WildC.A.T.S #15: Billy Wilder, Stalag 17 & Sunset Boulevard, Darth Vader, Peter O’Toole Murphy’s War, Bruce Willis Die Hard, & Barbara Stanwyck Stella Dallas.

The Sandman #38: MTV, & Michael Jackson.

The Sandman #40: Vincent Price.

2 Likes

Hey @capo-mage hope this unlocks you!

2 Likes

You’re the best @scoop001!!! Ty!!

The Sandman #41: Queen- Another One Bites The Dust, & Freddie, & Rita Marlowe (a combo of Rita Hayworth, Jean Harlow, & Marilyn Monroe used as a screen-credit name for Jayne Mansfield in 1/3 films). The Wayward Bus.

2 Likes

The Sandman #43: Cats & Sweeney Todd, K-Mart, & Charlton Heston.

2 Likes

The Sandman #44: Mission Impossible.

2 Likes

The Sandman #45: Roxy Blue, Madonna Blonde Ambition Tour, & Like A Virgin, 101 Dalmatians, Donahue, Oprah, Norman Whitfield & Barrett Strong’s I Heard It Through the Grapevine (lyrics too) performed by Marvin Gaye & CCR, Queen & David Bowie- Under Pressure.

3 Likes

The Batman of Arkham #1: Smokey Robinson & The Miracles- The Tears of a Clown.

2 Likes

Animal Man #30: Billy Idol- White Wedding, Richard Wagner- Ride Of The Valkyries, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. book in hand.

2 Likes

Animal Man #31: Casey Jones (tv show & Grateful Dead song subject), & Schrodinger’ s cat.

2 Likes

Animal Man #32: Marvin Gaye, & President George Bush Sr.

2 Likes

Animal Man #35, #39-#40: Obi- Wan Kenobi & a Star Wars quote, Ghostbusters, Alfred Hitchcock (The Birds reference), & .007 (Bond).

2 Likes

Animal Man #45-#46: Motley Crue: Dr. Feelgood (bad), Ramones t shirt, & McDonald’s.

2 Likes

War For Earth-3 #1: Otis Redding, Re-Recorded by Aretha Franklin- Respect.

2 Likes

The Nice House On the Lake #7: Down by Law… I took it for a Punk Band poster. But, could be a movie by the same name? The movie is about incarceration & escape? Which fits the theme? But, also a guitar right by it?

3 Likes

Justice League Incarnate #5: Stepford Wives.

2 Likes

Suicide Squad #13: Popeye.

2 Likes

One- Star Squadron #4: Glengary Glenn Ross, Alec Baldwin.
Arnold Palmer, & O.J Simpson.

2 Likes

Superman #19: mxy calling Lois Yoko Ono.

2 Likes