Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

Classic @capo-mage! Excellent find! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

:joy: ty @KeyFamily I’ve been on a music & online break. Just back today. Trying to finish the new drops b4 I check my messages. Appreciate it!!! I was surprised to find that one…

3 Likes

Haha. I’m feeling you on that, @capo-mage! I’ve been having the trouble of opening the notifications and then losing where I need to respond.

Dear DC Santa (aka @Jitsu),

Can we please have a “Mark as Unread” feature on all notifications (not just direct messages)?

Thank you,
@KeyFamily

5 Likes

I’ll see what I can do about this!

5 Likes

We’ve passed this on to the dev team this morning to see if this is a possibility :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh man, thank you so much @Jitsu and @Alec.Holland! :pray: This is going to be a real life saver. I appreciate the attention, especially on a Holiday!

3 Likes

Batman #655

*Upton Sinclair’s novel The Jungle, The Oscars, & Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl *

4 Likes

Suicide Squad: King Shark #8: Dirty Dancing (nobody puts Baby in the corner).

3 Likes

Detective Comics #847: Home Improvement “Tool Time Girl” reference.

4 Likes

Nightwing #147: Not sure if I or anyone else ever posted this b4? I’m doing a reread & idk if this thread was created the 1st x I read it. Anyways, movies.

4 Likes

It’s getting harder and harder to tell @capo-mage! I don’t recognize that one. Thank you for adding - good spot! I love the Marquis references. I’ll always spot them in movies and think to add them here. Haha.

3 Likes

:joy: that’s great. Yeah I searched all the those movies under this topic & 0 results, but I can’t remember either lol.

Robin #175: Stephen Stills- Love The One You’re With & James Bond reference.

4 Likes

So cool that the BvS script used that line from TDKR! Thanks for pointing that out!

4 Likes

Detective Comics #851: Phantom of the Opera & Meryl Streep.

4 Likes

Robin #183: WII Fit & Dr. Phil.

3 Likes

Howdy :cowboy_hat_face:

We implemented a new system after your request!

If you head to your preferences tab and then Interface, you should see a new check box.

If you check this, you’ll see a new button at the bottom of every thread:

Clicking ‘Defer’ will mark the thread as unread. This means it’ll look unread wherever you see it in the forums AND the last notification from that thread will be unread too. Hopefully this works for you! Let me know if you have any problems.

4 Likes

Dark Nights: Death Metal Guide Book #1: Tiger King.

3 Likes

Icon #25: Amistad (guessing it’s a reference to a great movie about slavery. As far as a movie about slavery could be great?) I saw it in the theater & this issue was about slavery, The Jerky Boys, & Booker T. Washington.

3 Likes

Static #26: Marla Maples & Cher.

3 Likes

The Other History of the dc Universe #4: Darryl Gates & Rodney King, Tupac, Hurricane Katrina, Gotham Monopoly, Ramones backpack, 9/11, Patriot Act, E- Bay.

3 Likes