Fully Covered or Regular Cowls/Helmets/Masks?

The traditional comicbook masks are dominos and open mouthed cowls. They’re still iconic like Batman’s but some completly cover up their faces and so which do you prefer?

I still enjoy and respect the traditional comic book style but I easily have to with fully covered helmets and masks.

Batman Beyond
Arkham Knight
Red Hood(Jason Todd)
Bane
Deathstroke
The Question
Rorschach’s

Are among my favorites.

5 Likes

No preference?

2 Likes

That which offers the most anonymity is my preference. So…fully covered.

3 Likes

Well said!

2 Likes

bows Thank you.

2 Likes

Which fully covered masks do you like Vroom?

2 Likes

I don’t have an immediate favorite, so…maybe Rorschach? Easy to put on and take off, easily replaced if damaged, etc.

2 Likes

True

1 Like

Well damn. This thread failed

It was a good effort =)

1 Like

Thanks Vroom. You always got my back

2 Likes

Shore do, buh-dee!

Wanna talk about something else? The Renaissance and how it would be altered if DC characters were part of it? Why do bears like swiping pic-a-nic baskets? Are the Kids really “In The Hall”?

2 Likes

I guess I’m just the only one that cares or is into helmets and masks that much. No big deal but was just curious. When I was into wrestling, I’d often see posts online about what type of wrestling masks people preferred and so I remembered that and thought some would care too about superhero masks

1 Like

Not the only one, @TX85. I’ve a thing for them as well, though I’m with @Vroom on liking them because of the anonymity - influencing things without the attachment of identity has always been a preferred concept for me, though my choice for whose mask is my favorite’s is (probably? lol) obvious :slight_smile: Quite fond of Bane’s mask too, actually, though; when I first saw it it intrigued me in a way others haven’t.

1 Like

Anonymity is of course a big reason to have them and makes more sense than regular masks and especially domino masks but there is also a big appeal to styles. Bane’s mask is inspired by luchadores but also has it’s own charm and tweaks that make it stand out among characters. Rorschach’s also has a very unique style. Deathstroke and Red Hood is mostly about being anonymous but also just cool colors.

Black Manta probably stands out the most because it’s cheesy yet cool and creepy and same with Scarescrow