Friends making fun of me for doll collection??

hi everyone… recently i’ve run into a lot of trouble bc all of my friends discovered my doll/action figure collection of all of my favorite superheros. They say that it’s weird that i sleep with them on the pillow next to me :frowning: they just make me feel happy … any other #dcsuperfans face similar problems?? let me know pls !! <3 you’re not alone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

someone pls reply

You do you. You’re a part of this group and we welcome you with open arms. No judgement.

4 Likes

:’) thank you so much for the support… I knew I found my family here

1 Like

Your life, your money and your stuff. Tough cheese if they have a problem with it. They’re probably jealous that you have a fun hobby.

5 Likes

@Humpin_Ags Do what makes YOU happy! :blush:

2 Likes

You got this bro!

1 Like

They’re jealous because you have cooler stuff.

3 Likes

Pay your friends no mind, @Humpin_Ags - the heart wants what it wants, and a proper night’s sleep is important, so they’ll just have to deal until they realize how cool your collection actually is. That said, welcome to the family, indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well first piece of advice…don’t refer to them as “dolls”…

2 Likes

@m9hailes Please represent our community better.

3 Likes

Carlton: “You have a doll?”

Will: “It’s not a doll man. It’s an action figure!”

Again, your friends are probably jealous. They project their obvious insecurities by trying to bust you down in an effort to be below them and “superior” to you.

Good natured ribbing is one thing, but insults are something else. If they can’t accept you and your hobbies then it’s time to find new friends who will.

5 Likes

Big Bang Theory has them all over there house it’s cool dude. I have Amiibos

1 Like

@m9hailes Please relay your sentiments in a way that you are sure is within the community guidelines. If you need a refresher, you can find the guidelines here: yourdcu.com/cmg

2 Likes

If you like it keep doing it! Btw, which one of your figures is your favorite?

3 Likes

Your space, your life, you do you.

My shelves are rocking all things nerdy - RPGs, Boardgames, Statues, Action Figures, Lego’s, nerd memorabilia and dolls.

There will always be a lot of people who will look at it with contempt and think they corner the market on what being an adult means, I’m lucky to have a lot of nerd friends as well so I guess I have it easier that way.

I think XKCD said it best: https://xkcd.com/150/

1 Like

Don’t put people down because they enjoy it. If that’s your thing, then it’s your thing and your friends shouldn’t make a big deal out of it. Be happy for people who are doing what makes them happy.

1 Like

I don’t sleep with any of my DC stuff but I do still sleep with my Teddy Bear that I’ve had as a baby

I will admit I have done this a few times lol, don’t worry about it if DC makes you happy then keep doing it.

I will admit, I have a cardboard cutout of Suicide Squad Harley!