Friendly Reminder: Respect Fellow Members (Of All Comic Fandoms)

@markhb can’t forgive Harvey for what they did to Little Hotstuff😆

I haven’t seen much mention of Marvel on these boards, but then again, I don’t peruse these forums with any sort of regularity. I was thinking that if someone was mentioning Marvel, it was probably just to say they wish the comics portion of DC Universe was more like Marvel Unlimited. I actually wish it was as well, but I’m glad DC is at least trying to improve things on that front; and as long as they continue to improve, that’s all you can really ask for.

But it sounds like whatever some people were saying was typical fanboy rhetoric that ultimately turned into name calling and other stupidity. I just wish we could have a nice ADULT thread discussing Marvel characters and who they’d like to see fight or team between Marvel and DC. Ah well.

1 Like

I love DC universe I have been on the other side of I say I don’t like marvel they get mad because I don’t watch marvel or read it

Yes David that’s what I’m talking about actually! A thread from months back when we were just aerobatic our opinion. We didn’t attack anyone and the mods never said anything to them.

2 Likes

This community is a living, breathing entity that will be subject to change as we grow, and become closer and more comfortable with each other. As the behaviors change, the requirements to maintain the community will grow with it.

We are here to talk about, discuss, and debate all things DC comics. There are lots of great forums out there to talk about the comic book industry at large, where it is a fair and open platform where all kinds of fans can chime in.

But allowing, and thereby inadvertently encouraging, hateful conversations about companies that are not DC Comics is a bit unfair to them, and really, just not what we’re about. Comparisons have not been removed, and you’ll also see lots of threads asking about imagined crossover universes or character trades and the like. But if a conversation is started by asking “What do you hate about XYZ?” It will definitely get the attention of the Alpha Lanterns. We can be more thoughtful, more creative, and more philosophical than that.

I hope that clears up some of the questions around how we distinguish these conversation topics from each other.

5 Likes

Hey applejack idk if you were responding to Me but I was referring to Marvel friends that are aggressive and insulting to non Marvel fans on here. I understand liking Marvel but some people jump don’t you throat and call you names, pretty immature stuff. But mods never seem to mind, especially when it’s noticeable users. I was just saying it’s kinda unfair bc ppl can trash talk dc and it’s cool but ppl share their opinion on marvel and get attacked for it with no mention from the mods.

2 Likes