Fresh Frights 5/4/2021

Happy Digital Comic Book Tuesday there are some new horror comics that have dropped onto the DCUI. I figured this would be a good way to introduce those of you who aren’t familiar with the great horror books here on DCUI and get the conversation going around new books.

This topic is sponsored by :house_of_horror: @HouseofHorror.
If you would like to join the Horror Hounds over at the House of Horror join the House of Horror! There we talk about the horror characters/stories here on the DCUI.

What are your feelings about latest releases?

• Can’t wait for the latest issue, got to read them right away!
  • I’ll wait for the story arc to finish before reading.
0 voters

This week we have the next issues of The Last God Songs of Lost Children, John Constantine: Hellblazer #11 and Justice League Dark #27

The Last God

The Last God Songs of Lost Children

For those who are not acquainted with this gorgeously illustrated and incredibly well written sword and sorcery story here is a segment of the summary;

THE LAST GOD tells the story of two fellowships of heroes struggling with the same threat…30 years apart. One group will doom their world, the other must save it.

Normally written by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and pencils by Riccardo Federici this issue is written by guest author Dan Follows and pencils by Steve Beach. This issues focuses on Queen Cyanthe 10 years after the original heroes journey. She has set out with her handmaiden and discovers and ancient monster terrorizing the villagers in her kingdom.

Of additional note for the series there are backup short stories in each issue to give this world even more depth. There is also a 5th edition D&D Module in THE LAST GOD: TALES FROM THE BOOK OF AGES #1. So you can role play in this magical and horrific world.

Sandman Universe : John Constantine Hellblazer

JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER #11

John Constantine returns to his old haunts in London, where he soon finds himself up against new supernatural threats.

This issue finds John getting an exasperated call from a hate mongering politician who isn’t who he seems to be. Something is stinking in the House of Parliament.

Justice League Dark

Justice League Dark #27

This issue written by Ram V. and pencils by Amancay Nahuelpan continues the ongoing fight with the Upside Down Man. A fight that has been going since the start of the series.

Which book are you going to read this week?

• The Last God: Songs of Lost Children
  • Sandman Universe: John Constantine Hellblazer #11
  • Justice League Dark #27
  • All of Them!
0 voters
6 Likes

Favorite of the week?

• Justice League Dark 27
  • John Constantine Hellblazer #11

0 voters

1 Like

Which had the scariest body horror moment?

• Justice League Dark 27
  • John Constantine Hellblazer #11

0 voters

On JLD #26, so almost there

2 Likes

I’m trying the same thing. I read all the Last God, half way through Constantine, need to hit the rest of JLD, I’ll be caught up by next month’s issues.

Before next week’s issues I want to get caught up on all the back issues in the series. Most of them are pretty new series so it shouldn’t be much of a lift. Thankfully I already read all the DCeased books, great books by the way.

2 Likes

If it’s DCeased and it’s on DCUI, I’ve read it. Fantastic series, each of them

3 Likes

DCeased is such an event and so much happened. The stakes are so high.

1 Like

And I was “another hero zombie, whatever” but I trust Taylor so gave it a shot. Just A+ work

1 Like

Marvel zombies seemed like more of a joke where DCeased feels like it actually happened and the characters are doing their best.

1 Like

What did everyone think of last week’s stories?

The next #fresh-frights is posted for this week.
Fresh Frights 5/11/2021