Free Pride Icons for DCU!

:rofl: :laughing: :purple_heart:ing this @stefanie.m

5 Likes

YAY! So wonderful. :purple_heart: If I could wax historical for just a moment, as a GenXer I can remember the dark days of the 80s and 90s when so many of my dearest friends who are LGBTQIA were prevented from flourishing in the nourishing light of being able to live one’s truth and to be able to see so many peeps nowadays out loud and Proud, welp, not gonna’ lie- makes me well up a bit. LUV you and am celebrating you all! :+1: :tada: :confetti_ball: :hugs: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :two_women_holding_hands: :two_men_holding_hands: :couplekiss_woman_woman: :couple_with_heart_man_man: :family_man_man_boy: :family_woman_woman_girl: :rainbow:

7 Likes

Too many lives broken and lost by the pressure to conform. There’s still such a long way to go, but things are eternally in motion. :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Bump so this thread stays visible for next September.

4 Likes

This is actually a good reminder for me to get back to making more… I swear, I’ll be back later tonight with more…

4 Likes

thank you for that! it’s a good reminder for those of us who make icons to keep things going, too

3 Likes

Question: Are there any ally icons?

3 Likes

I’ve always operated under the assumption that allies could use the same icons in support. What would you like to see in an ally-specific design? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wanted to make a joke about using a pride icon as a straight guy and then waiting for the accusation of appropriating a culture that wasn’t mind or whatever piece of woke i could parody blahblahblah and maybe a rimshot. I was also considering just adding to my initial post “Bonus points if I sound like a troll in your head” because I like how i amuse myself when I mock anything troll.

Now that I am on the spot, how about the pride flag with ‘Ally’ written diagonally. whether it should be lower left to upper right or upper left to lower right, i will leave to the artist. especially if the angle matters.

When I see someone supporting Pride, but I really don’t know their orientation, I hear myself wondering if I should ask “Are you Proud or are you an Ally?”

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone here would (or even could) take issue with a straight person using a queer-positive icon. (Also, please don’t bait that kind of behavior. :pray:)

Anyhoo! I like your idea about adding “Ally” to some of the icons, in case some people are concerned about stepping over a line by using one of these icons if straight, cis, etc.

I’d say nope, don’t do that. Unless you’re amiable with the person and feel confident that they wouldn’t mind sharing, it’s better to learn from their interaction with the community. Otherwise, it’s generally not our (the public’s) business.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t bait such behavior, but the image and the mocking of trolls might have to be entertained.

As to the question, it would be to learn more because I am amiable with the person. But I let the situation guide. if it is to be known, it will be.

But thanks! Actually it’s less about stepping on toes, but showing support without undercutting “my team”

3 Likes

Gosh darn it. Ok, I’m setting a reminder this time.

5 Likes

When I remember to do so, I will bump the thread just for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

hey do you like gear

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! What gear? :thinking:

2 Likes

Amazing work everyone. Really diggin it.

1 Like

I’m not good at tech but I screen grabbed this from my Just Gorgeous thread. I posted it after I found it in 52 issue #33 I believe.

@SuperGreenGrodd if u really love making icons I’d love to see this one? If/when u get a chance? Montoya & Kate.

3 Likes

I have bookmarked this :+1: thanks for the suggestion. I won’t be able to make it till next week, though… sorry. I’ll make it as soon as I can! Really sorry

2 Likes

0 apologies necessary. I appreciate it whenever no rush.

1 Like