Free Comic Book Day!

Hope everyone going has a great time! I am going to pick up some trades also today and just read all weekend. :two_hearts::heart_eyes:

Thanks overall for giving me a positive place to discuss and read about comics. With most venues being so negative the hidden best feature of DCU is the curated forum.

7 Likes

Happy Free Comic Book Day 2019!

1 Like

Wooo hooo Ithaca NY here we come!!!

cues up ā€œHoliday Roadā€ for DE

1 Like

FCBD is awesome

Iā€™m looking to get:

Punchline
Dear Justice League
Midnight Sky
Under the Moon
Vampirella

What are you hoping to get?

Honestly I havenā€™t researched it real well, Iā€™ll definitely take your cues thanks so much Colville!

Along with all the surprises on free comic book day I love when they have the drastic cut sales on graphic novels / collections. I picked up a big fat World Finest with content from the 50s and 60s volume, still sealed in plastic as I recall, a year or two ago.

My wifeā€™s idea of being festive for this is wearing blue and then red undergotchies ā€¦golly , what a gall!!!

1 Like

Based on what I saw online, the two stores that I wouldā€™ve been happy to give business to arenā€™t doing anything interesting for this special day.

One has free comics and no sales on anything. The otherā€™s hours are inconvenient for me.

I got Year of the Villain on Wednesday and did some pre-FCBD shopping last night, so Iā€™m happy =)

2 Likes

I went and picked up a lot of free comics and a Sundance special of Yoga Hosers which I didnā€™t know Kevin Smith did as a comic lol! Now how do I get Harley to sign it :grin:

2 Likes

The Emil Ferris book (my favorite thing is monsters) was my must get. I got that and some kids stuff for my nieces.

I usually pick up a few comics I never seen before or know nothing about This year I picked up a comic called Lady Mechanical It was interesting enough I ordered a trade off of Amazon

1 Like

I got some interesting non-DC stuff. RED 5ā€™s ā€œThe Dark Ageā€ looks promising, as well as Fallen World from Valiant.

1 Like

I got The Dark Age also. It does look to be an interesting series. Had great sales at my store also. Almost completed my Deathstroke run.

Wasnā€™t able to do much for FCBD but got a handfull of free comics from the two stores closest to me. Got to see some of my former co-workers from the store I used to work at, and made out with some Supermanā€™s from the dollar bin comics. So not a total waste.