Fred Bugg is the worst character ever

Fred Bugg is the DC equivalent of Jar jar binks

4 Likes

He ruins season 3 when he is overused

1 Like

I like jar Jar.

3 Likes

Fred Bug is life.

Honestly, I can see how he grates on some, but I think he’s fine to pretty fun.

4 Likes

That is fair I just feel he is an includement that is unnecessary and ultimately adds nothing but cringe dialogue

2 Likes

Just trying to start a conversation

1 Like

I like Fred Bugg, but sometimes I get annoyed with him when he’s being overused.

3 Likes

He’s fine

2 Likes

You couldn’t be further from the mark. YJ, S1 & S2 really focused on kids who had grown up or highly assimilated US culture. This season they are making a specific point of including “foreigners” in the form of both Brion and Halo. Fred Bug with two Gs, is a logical extension of the metaphor and the easiest assimilated. Not striving,’longing for a political he can’t be involved in, nor someone so over anxious to fit in that gets lost as to who she is. Forager is the most accepting of the circumstances and yet doesn’t try to fit in. He acknowledges that his world has changed and embraces it without losing himself in it.

4 Likes

I can understand why he might come across as annoying at points, because he’s a comic relief character. However, unlike most comic relief characters (such as Jar Jar), Fred Bugg with two gs has a substantial origin and an interesting dichotomy with the other characters (like DeSade mentioned). There is a purpose to him being there, and even if he might come across as annoying to some, he’s still a crucial part to the story of both this season and this series as a whole.

4 Likes

I like him as Forager but him trying to pass as human is annoying. However, as a character he’s interesting and he has an actual reason for being there.

1 Like

The sending Forager to high school is a stretch, but it’s a plot device to have Halo play off someone in that circumstance. So I can accept it as a necessary evil, as it were. However, the need for a glamour charm is interesting for the Forager character, as he is the one outsider, who best fits in with the YJ team, but is also the one the most in need of appearance concealment. I hope the dichotomy of this is looked at in the reminder of the series at some point.

2 Likes

Perhaps as a teachable moment for both Brion and Halo.

1 Like

I love this conversation thank you guys for participating I liked all the comments

1 Like

Desade you have a good point and I see it, but on the surface level I just don’t like his surface level dialogue but I love your analysis which makes me want to rewatch season 3

*so far

@DeSade-acolyte But that necessary evil involved the only actual worse character, Harper Row.
She’s never necessary.
Just evil.

1 Like

@Chad
It’s important to understand that Forager comes from a hive and while not all psychical linked, a collective hive will have a different grammar structure. So as to English language it can sound harsh and grating. However, there is a structure to it. I am surprised that they have done such a good job at retaining that structure throughout the season.

1 Like

@Deasade
Yeah I see that now. Thank you for your commentary you have made season three way more interesting for me. Though which season do you guys or everyone in the chat see as the weakest

1 Like

This season of Young Justice has been very underwhelming. By far and away the worst season of the show and by leaps and bounds the worst DC Universe original series.

2 Likes