Forgotten Characters Pt 2 - Dani Garrett (4 sketches)

As requested by Hub City Question, this round of sketch practice goes to Dani Garrett, granddaughter of the first Blue Beetle (2006 Jaime run). Couldn’t manage to squish all of the images onto a single canvas this time around, so hoping the thread will let me post multiple pics. Ty for the request! I read the Reach arc ages ago, but this got me to look up all of the issues she was featured in.

4 Likes

“Is it talking to you now?”
“Oh yeah.”
“And?”
“You don’t watch your blood sugar, you’ll be diabetic in three years.”
“…”
“It also considers you a threat and wants me to kill you.”

3 Likes

Awkwardest preview thumbnail ever

3 Likes

Annnd that’s it for this round. Gotta get to the one-year anniversary bit. I’ve done nothing but sketch work for months, so it’ll be nice trying something more polished. Though I’ve had the tablet for a while, I’ve only really dug into digital stuff in the last couple of months. Kinda tempted to go back to more familiar territory and pull out the traditional stuff.

2 Likes

AAAAAAAH! I love this SO MUCH!!! Thank you CynicalPink! This is PERFECT!

3 Likes

I really love how you’ve made her look a little bit like Felicity Smoak from Arrow? The comparison never occurred to me before, but it works!

3 Likes

Ha! Not intended, but I noticed that myself mid-sketch! And you’re very welcome! Thanks again for giving me something to battle my art block :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks good as always!

2 Likes

Aw, and ty as always, Batwing!

1 Like

Very nice, the beetle symbol the mug is a nice touch

3 Likes

msgtv - thanks much!

1 Like