For a Classic Harley Cosplay, I Stitched Up a Laughing Fish Today

32 Likes

That’s fantastic! :hushed::smile:

12 Likes

Thanks! It’s a rough draft, I’ll probably try to whip up another one that’s a little more cartoony.

11 Likes

That’s amazing. Very awesome™:+1:

10 Likes

Thank you!!

10 Likes

Nice!

8 Likes

So cool @stalecake! :smile:

Is that felt? What kind of fill did you use? Poly? Cotton? Bamboo?

c5

8 Likes

OK, not sure if you’re joking, but I’m a big craft nerd and love a good breakdown:

• body is made from a wool/poly blend felt
  • yellow teeth and eyes are painted with Plaidfx paint and black sharpie
  • fill is cheap poly I cribbed from a pillow that I didn’t want anymore
  • all hand stitched or hot glued
  • only one injury while making this, poked myself with a pin :adhesive_bandage:
11 Likes

that is very cool

10 Likes

Wonderful job, @stalecake! Was just going to ask about the materials and process, too (thanks for asking first, xLaDPx!) - is this your first DC-related one? Looking forward to seeing the final version :slight_smile:

10 Likes

:smile: Why would I be joking? :relaxed: I’ve got a friend who makes stuffed felt toys and we’ve shared table space at shows before.

As a fellow nerd, I too love a good breakdown. Good way to re-purpose a pillow. Looking forward to more of your work!

8 Likes

I don’t really make felt things - more of a cosplayer or knitter, so yep, this is my first ever plush fish!
I think I’m going to make mini ones to string along as a kind of bunting above my mantle

9 Likes

That is cool!

9 Likes

That looks awesome! Nice work @stalecake.

9 Likes

I love it! Great job! I can tell you put alot of work into it! :grinning:

9 Likes

Good stuff @stalecake. :+1:

10 Likes

That looks so cool. Great job.

7 Likes

This is really cute, you’re very talented! I think the fins are my favorite part. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Waits patiently for pictures of full costume :popcorn:

6 Likes

LOL, @Applejack, you’re going to have to wait a while.
Classic HQ is planned for Baltimore Con if it actually happens this year. I just have props done at the moment: laughing fish, Gotham Bank money bag (to be used for my purse), a Joker grenade, and slowly starting her giant cork gun.

The costume though…yeah I’ll figure that one out sooner or later.

7 Likes