Flashy Birthday!

EDIT: Thank you for the nice words and such. I read and liked all the comments but didn’t want to bog it down with multiple thank yous… however, I appreciate each one. :slight_smile:

Not sure where to post this, but I wanted to share what my friends did for me. It’s my birthday and they threw me a surprise party but in VR… so in VR, you can create rooms and fit a lot of people in there. These are my friends who I work with and have met and hung out with IRL too. We also all work together on VR productions. But they made this Flash theme collage and bought me a pair of Flash converse.

And the co-captain of my VR esports team sent me gifts including a copy of The Flash (Waid, Wally West) from his childhood and a bear… Beary Allen. Anyway, just thought I’d share how cute it all was for a bunch of adults in the 30’s and 40’s gave me the coolest Flash party virtually for my 35th.

48 Likes

I need friends like that! Happy belated birthday BTW!

5 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I made friends like this in the VR gaming community. It’s a good community.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Happy Birthday!!!

2 Likes

Beary Allen? That’s so ridiculously cute that my mind can’t even comprehend it! Happy birthday. Your job sounds interesting too! While you’re at it, you should disclose the location to the Fountain of Youth to us.

5 Likes

happy birthday!! that looks so great!! :partying_face: :cake: :partying_face:
I never heard of VR esports lol! what kinda games do you guys play?

3 Likes

Niiiiice

I need friends like thaaat :weary:

Happy Birthdaay :partying_face: :flash_hv_1:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!! Mine as well, but not as “Flashy”, I’m a bit envious lol

3 Likes

that’s so cool! and i love the shoes! Happy birthday!

4 Likes

Happy birthday!!! What DC theme would you want?

3 Likes

I play a game called Onward. It’s a mil-sim fps. 5v5, proximity voice, no external indicators. So you’re really IN the game. Here’s a short video from my teammates POV.

I’m a shoutcaster too, so I cast some of the games when I’m not playing. Wish there were DC games, but I am casting The Walking Dead tournament coming up.

5 Likes

lol… Fountain of Youth… I don’t know, I think I’m just a happy person. Or I’m Asian and it’s my genes.

As for the job, yeah! The industry is pretty fun and it’s tight-knit because it’s small. You can look up my gamertag and see a mix of comic books and other work stuff I do. I’ll post the art piece of The Flash I made in Tilt Brush sometime. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
:birthday:Happy Birthday​:birthday:

4 Likes

Very cool and Happy Birthday! :birthday:

Sounds like you’ve got great friends worthy of the Speed Force and then some. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

So, you’re telling me “Asian dont raisin” after all?! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Those chucks are awesome!

3 Likes

Haha! That’s hilarious… I think I just found my super power!

4 Likes

I’m Asian too but the first time I heard that phrase was in school lol. I got carded for R rated movies until I was 25 or something.

4 Likes

Oh that’s funny… yeah, it’s always a riot when people find out I have a 15 year old daughter. Haha! If I know them IRL, it’s a compliment… if I only know them from gaming online, it just means I’m immature!

4 Likes

Happy Belated Birthday! You have very cool friends. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes