Flashpoint Beyond - Geoff Johns returns with Thomas Wayne Batman!

The Flashpoint world is returning along with writers Geoff Johns, Jeremy Adams and Tim Sheridan along with artist Eduardo Risso starting with a limited series titled ‘Flashpoint Beyond’.

After sacrificing everything to help The Flash put the universe back together and save Bruce Wayne’s life, Thomas Wayne wakes up in a world he thought was no more. Forced to don the cowl once again, Batman prowls the streets of Gotham City searching for answers to how this world still exists, but what he starts to uncover will send him hurtling around the globe. The hunt for the Clockwork Killer starts here!

There’s a lot or preview art in the link above and between the art and the Clockwork Killer I’m getting some strong Watchmen vibes. This all looks VERY interesting to me and could be the biggest DC comics event of 2022.

What do y’all think?

3 Likes

I like Geoff Johns and the premise seems intriguing. DC didn’t do a very good job integrating what he did in Doomsday Clock with the rest of what was happening at the time, so I’m a bit skeptical when they bill this as an event that “affect the future of DC” or whatever. Will probably check it out.

1 Like

I am a huge Geoff Johns fan, but I think Flashpoint is his second to worst work…

No, not because it started New 52, I just find the Flashpoint work dull, but watch me buy this anyway.

1 Like

As an unapologetic fan of The New 52, and being one that thinks his run on Hawkman is spectacular, and since Geoff Johns is a part owner of the LCS I frequent - I’m all in on this but that’s no shock. I’ll pretty much read anything DC Comics puts out. (Pretty much)

I thought the artwork in the previews looked great and seeing our guy Hawkman involved, if even in just a splash page, was welcome to see. Still to be determined whether I buy this or wait until it lands on here but whenever I get a chance to read it I’ll be taking that chance.

2 Likes

I have to say, my first thought with this is: get ready for some 3 month delays!

Just use your battime machine.

Count me in, my pull list was getting very small in April.

I hope the Canterbury Cricket shows up.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much sold on just hearing ‘Flashpoint’. But the art looks amazing. And the premise sounds cool. It is just a neat world, so I am happy to see a new series take place there, even if it is a short one.

I haven’t been reading Justice League Incarnate but I wonder if this ties in at all? (I guess I should read that.)

1 Like

It seems to me that most of Johns’s recent work is not too big on tie ins other than set up for other stuff at the endings.

1 Like

I meant more more that Thomas is in that series. So is this going to take place outside of that series or is he going to leave that series to have this one take place? I’m curious about the timeline. I mean, I’m gonna read the series no matter what, so it doesn’t matter, I guess. :laughing:

Johns has written many characters in 2 serieses at once, and he is written for them when they have their own series. Remember he wrote Justice League for 6 years meaning most of the characters were having their own series at the same time with at least 5 of them being written by another writer. Thus Thomas can be in both serieses at the same time.

1 Like

I’m in.

I’m honestly surprised that it’s taken so long for them to get back to the Flashpoint world.

1 Like