:00_flash: Flashpoint Beyond Discussion Thread (Spoilers; #6 Drops on 10/18) :00_flash:

As an ardent WildStorm geek, I’m curious what WS characters will make the rounds of this mini.

Grifter is a possibility I suppose, but it’d sure be neat to see other faces (familiar or not) show up.

Anyhow, today’s the day as Flashpoint Beyond #0 is in stores!
:partying_face:

If you’ve read it, feel free to flash your spoiler-heavy thoughts to the rest of us, P/TY. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

It’s got me looking forward to the next one, which is all that is needed from a first issue of a mystery like this one. Seems reader friendly for someone who’s forgotten the specifics of its predecessor. I read the original Flashpoint once like 10 years ago and didn’t have a problem following along. Clarity has been something I look for in a comic as of late, and I’m glad this one delivers in that department. I like that it plays like a mystery. It has obvious universe altering implications, but doesn’t play that hand too heavily. Stand-out scene: Barry’s murder. Thomas was trying to recreate the accident that turned him into Flash, and outside interference from an Aquaman accomplice lead to him being fried to a crisp by lightning. It honestly made me sick to my stomach; I didn’t see it coming at all. Another is one is what appears to be Flash’s ghost (don’t know what else to call that) apparently trying to communicate with Thomas Wayne, after Barry’s death. What? Explanation now please!

Also, what’s up with the references to 5G, “DC”, metaverse, fall of the Justice League, etc? Are these just meta references / easter eggs for loyal readers, or will they play a bigger role going forward? That question is just as big for me as the mystery at hand. I wouldn’t be disappointed though if they didn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. Makes for fun references to DC’s general current state of affairs.

Art was somewhere between good and very good. Some panels seemed to lack detail, but that very trait played well into portraying an eery feel throughout, especially that one panel with the Flash ghost.

4 Likes

Nice!

That all sounds grand, and I look forward to reading it later in the day.

3 Likes

I enjoyed it. Good setup and the worst character in it died a horrible death, so I no longer have to worry about him.

3 Likes

My 1st thought was Thawne, but I guess it’d be too repetitive to have him go against Thomas yet again. The idea that it might be Barry’s ghost is certainly an interesting one

4 Likes

I’m thinking a Back To The Future esque situation where that’s Barry from the original Flashpoint trying to fix what he did… or something… I don’t know what I’m sayin’… probably completely off

4 Likes

HOLY TIME MASTERS BATMAN! there is so much being teased in this issue. first, this is taking place in what is not the alternate timeline of Flashpoint…no this is likely taking place in a flashpoint Universe-S (stabilized). Darkseid’s omega beams did not kill Thomas Wayne, they Sent Thomas back threw time to his own universe which would have been created when the 52 returned to being an infinite number of worlds when the hands restored the multiverse after Death Metal. the original FLashpoint-universe was not its own universe but an alternate timeline however The convergence event made it its own universe, however, Thomas Wayne became a living paradox like Thawne after Thawne pulled him from the original alternate timeline Dr. Manhatten was maintaining.

As Thomas is a ‘living paradox’ like Thawne was he does not realizes he was sent to what was now his home universe in the multiverse. meaning it was Flashpoint-universe S’s Barry Allen and not New Earth Barry Allen who was killed.
however… it also revealed the time masters are going to interfere in Batman’s past…my hopeful theory is the TM’s changed Bruce’s past so BATMAN GOT MARRIED TO CATWOMAN! as this event was actually altered due to Thomas’s presence in the universe.

there is a lot going on behind the scenes that is only now coming to light, as Thomas says people were coming after him when he arrived on President Superman’ Earth…that could have been the Amazons and Antlantians or someone raiding Arkham.

4 Likes

I thought it was Thawne as well. I didn’t even consider it being Barry’s ghost until right now actually.

I liked the first issue. I guess I’ll be buying the rest as they come out. :sweat_smile: I loved Flashpoint the first time I read it and the idea of it ever since.

Thomas is a cool character who has been through a ton since Flashpoint so I am very curious to see what will happen to him here. There are so many directions it can go.

5 Likes

Flashpoint Beyond #1 went on-sale this past Tuesday, May 3rd!

Who’s read it, and what’d you think?

4 Likes

Fine read. Hard to understand on comixology.

4 Likes

Why was that?

3 Likes

Some of the print was small, and that is impossible to read on the new comixology format.

4 Likes

Darn you, Kindle Comix!

shakes fist at the sky

3 Likes

Loved it.

4 Likes

Oh, This just got fun.

HOLY MOB PRINCESS SOFIA FALCONE IS THE BEEPING COMMISSIONER OF GCPD!

We got a new two-face with Gilda, with the coin a pokerchip[/spoiler] [spoiler]I wonder if she will team up with Martha as she seems she might be alive.

Not liking the time masters in this, but the rest is fantastic…I am hoping yet also don’t want to see yet want to see Selina Kyle as Oracle again.

Next Issue: SUPERMAN VS OLD MAN BATMAN :star_struck:or at least them talking.

4 Likes

The essential cover for this month’s issue:

Too bad its a 1:25 ratio piece, but at least we can enjoy it here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While reading and chatting about the newly-released Flashpoint Beyond #2, check out the below for a look at #3, due in July:

4 Likes

The second issue was fantastic. A ton of information is being dropped in these issues but somehow it isn’t too much. I’m not sure how though.

I kind of love how Thomas keeps comparing himself to Bruce. Like, dude, you had a chance to talk to a version of your son and you blew it. You blew it big time. Grow up and figure it all out yourself.

But beyond that, I do like his character. He isn’t a very good detective. But he is trying, I guess. He’s also terrible with kids. That kid is going to be a massive problem at some point. I’m sure it’ll be funny somehow though. :grimacing:

I guess I should have known Dark Crisis was going to be mentioned. But I also didn’t expect it. It almost threw me out of the book for a moment. But I did like the Psycho Pirate mention and almost appearance. There is something very interesting going on.

And Superman! I wasn’t really sure who it was for a moment. But this should be exciting next issue. Can’t wait for Thomas to tell him he doesn’t matter either. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Alternatively Thomas is good with kids, because he knows he sucks with them. That is why he assigns the angelic Oswald to handle kids.

4 Likes

Ah yes, a supreme angel, that one. :wink:

4 Likes