:00_flash: Flash Season 8 Discussion Thread :00_flash:

Pretty much, :laughing:

3 Likes

If Armageddon showed me anything, it’s that we really don’t need Chester or Allegra. They don’t add much to the team and their subplot is weighing the episodes down.

5 Likes

To me it was, the show just went back to its crutch in a gigantic way, zero originality.

4 Likes

Ok, I finally watched the last two parts of this crossover and I’m confused. Are there two Nora’s now? Ray is married to Nora who is Fairy Godmothering and such. It was referenced in the first episode of the crossover. But the Nora here didn’t seem to be the same one? Is it the Nora from the Reverse-Flashpoint?

As for the rest of it, I enjoyed it. There were a lot of high drama moments they were slightly cringey but overall it was really well done. I enjoy Tom Cavanaugh, so I didn’t have a problem with him coming back. It’s been a bit since we have had a Reverse Flash plot, but now we can focus on other rogues.

I’m happy my issue with Despero was revolved. He was the Despot and not the Revolt. That makes a lot more sense for his character. I wonder if we will see him again.

I am slowly seeing a theme with this show, in that there is a lot of relationship talks. And not just with Barry and Iris. But with everyone. And it is weighing the show down. I don’t mind pairing some people off and having some flirting and teasing. But it seeming like Alex and Ryan Choi’s whole purpose in part 4 was to play Cupid and it was rough.

Maybe it is just a theme that sticks out more to me because it is a subplot that I dislike, but Flash needs to slow down on the additional love subplots right now. Barry and Iris are kind of cringey enough in my opinion… Even Damian Darhk commented on it. :woman_shrugging:

Also, I find it hilarious that in a ten year jump we still don’t get to see Jenna on screen though. :laughing:

That’s all I can think of for now. I can’t wait to see what else season 8 has planned. Gold boots look cool. Should be fun!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s still just 1 Nora. I figure she was Fairy Godmothering for most of the crossover like Ray said, but was then pulled away for a bit while the timeline reset back to normal. It was weird that Damien and Nora’s switch was the only thing that wasn’t restored right away after the Reverse Flashpoint, so I guess it was only done so they could do another sad scene of them saying goodbye. But we’ve already seen that on Legends multiple times now, so it didn’t really have the emotional effect the writers probably thought it did

3 Likes

Yeah, it was really weird and I’m just confused. I assume the Time Stone had something to do with it. But I don’t understand why they had to switch at all? If the timeline reset and then Damien was brought from the Future he should have been phasing in and out just like Eobard. Not switching with Nora. If it was all for the emotional scene, it really didn’t pack a punch because we have seen it multiple times, just like you said.

Or maybe a quick line from someone about calling Ray or something just to clarify that it was the same Nora. I don’t know. I really like the actor that plays Damien. I was kinda hoping he would stick around. I guess not. :laughing:

3 Likes

Th best part of this 5-part story was the appearance of Jeffeson Pierce. It’s like he is the only adult in the room. I truly hope we see more of him.

3 Likes

I do too. I am still hurting over the cancellation of Black Lightning.

5 Likes

The Nora thing is so confusing and of course The Flash would mess with her.

5 Likes

Despero wasn’t a villain, he was the only hero, saving Thawne is just pathetic. The show is terrified of not having him.

4 Likes

Too zulmara5.38205:

Despero, is A Villain!
Remember Despero is A Despot From Outer Space!
I, Agree with You and Others Who Feel Flash is Relying Too Much On Reverse Flash!

The Flash, Has A Great Gallery of Rogues!
That’s Why People Like the Flash So Much!
Great Villains!

Hopefully, the Flash In the Second Half of the Season Will Bring In Some of Flash’s Great Gallery of Rogues!
Unfortunately, I Feel That Is Wishful Thinking!
They Will Probably Bring Back Reverse Flash and Have Him Get His Powers Back!

4 Likes

Team Flash were the villains this episode, Despero was the hero, willing to kill Thawne once and for all, whereas Team Flash were pathetic in wanting to save him.

5 Likes

Responding Too zulmara8.38205:

Team Flash Were the Real Heroes Proving Who They are By Saving Even an Evil Person Like Reverse Flash!
Team Flash Like Joe West Said, Doesn’t Kill or Choose Who Too Save and Who Not Too Save Just Like In the D.C. Comic Books and Movies!

3 Likes

Responding Too zulmara8.38205:

I, Liked the Line From Jonathan Kent On an Episode of Smallville Too Young Clark Kent.
“You, Can’t Pick and Choose Who Too Save! Your Not God! God Gave You These Abilities For A Reason! Too Save People, Help People!”

Jonathan Kent, Then Went On Too Say, “You Start Deciding Who Should Live and Who Should Die, That’s A Dangerous Path!”

I, Believe Jonathan Kent Also Said, “You Start Down That Road the Next Thing You Know Your Tracking Down People, Investigating People, Deciding Who Should Live and Die, You Start Rounding Up People Too Die Like Hitler, Ivan the Terrible and Ghangis Khan Did!”

4 Likes
2 Likes

More reveals from the comic crossover

2 Likes

Hopefully, We Will Get Too See More of Flash’s Gallery of Rogues!
Their, So Fascinating and Diverse!

I, Didn’t Like Seeing How the God Speed Saga Ended!
Reverse Flash Will Probably Bew Back Too End the Series Like He Started It!

Hopefully, There Will Be More of Barry Allen and Iris West!
Their One of the best Romances In the Whole D.C. Universe!

3 Likes

We will never see more of the Flash’s other villains, this show only cares about the Reverse Flash, it doesn’t matter that he’s gotten pathetically boring and overused, it’s all they care about.

4 Likes

I have not missed it during the long layoff. “The slowest TV show alive”. What the heck happened to this once good TV show?

3 Likes

It was never good in my opinion but yes, now it’s just a pile of garbage.

3 Likes