Flash (Pen/Marker Sketch)

Pen and marker sketch of Flash to coincide with the release of #750. This one is kind of special to me also, as it’s a bit of a redo of a Flash drawing I did in November of 2018 when I was first getting into drawing. This redo sketch used no reference as I wanted to be able to apply any of my improved technique and anatomy understanding on its own and just from my head. It’s a marked improvement and I’m happy to look back and see some real progress even though in the moment it’s hard to see progression sometimes.

Here’s the old Flash from November 2018. It’s digital and was done in Procreate on my (at the time) brand new iPad. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Amazing job, especially with no reference!

5 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

Thank you both!

1 Like

Very nice color. It can be hard to capture movement but you’ve got great action. Love the bared teeth in the marker version.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

That’s a fantastic piece!

2 Likes

Very awesome

2 Likes

Wow, wow, wow @Stray_Bullets! “Marked improvement” is an understatement. Both pieces are really wonderful but your newest creation is absolutely amazing! I love the movement, colors, facial expression, and overall detail - congratulations on your progress! Thank you for sharing with the Community.

2 Likes

That is freaking beautiful. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Really, amazing Flash! You can definitely tell you’ve improved. It seems you’re adapting into your own style too. Keep it up!

3 Likes

That is really good! I wish I was that good!

1 Like

Whoa, Flash with the sprinter’s build! Look at his back!

1 Like

You guys are all awesome and very kind! I love seeing everyone else’s art and really appreciate this as a positive space that we can all share with each other. I’ll absolutely be posting my fun DC fan art here going forward!

I love how you colored both them, great job.

1 Like

Nice musculature to match the stride!

3 Likes

I love this so much! Such an awesome drawing of my other half!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Noice.

2 Likes