Flash being nerfed in everything

Is it just me or is flash underrated in everything. Theoretically he is unbeatable. Just his speed alone. No one but someone equal in speed would ever touch him. He literally shouldn’t ever lose. He can run through time and dimensions. Hows he getting hit. He can phase. I know plot blah blah. Itd be boring blah blah.

3 Likes

I can see where your coming from, and I feel it’s also other super heroes too.

1 Like

I remember when Green Lantern went through a nerf phase lol. The Flash is a powerful character regardless of what people tell you my dude.

Yeah he’s kind of overpowered

I think it really depends on the timeline and what era he is in.

We see him being one of the most powerful beings, even can be considered more powerful than Superman in earlier eras and then in a future era typical heroes may not be so powerful.

This was due to villains developing new technologies to stop/disable the Flash. As human technology progresses, it becomes harder for heroes to do their jobs - whether metahumans or supers.

And yes, true that Flash can rewind time and change the timeline at will but even if Flash were to change the past via the speedforce, another villain would just make an even worse weapon/device which disables speedsters even moreso.

I thought that the video of Flash constantly killing Spider-Man ‘Death Battle’ was a horrible example of what would actually happen if Flash used that power, in which Flash had no issue killing Spider-Man, here’s the thing though, the mistake that maker didn’t realize they were doing was acknowlding that every time Flash rewinds time, something changes, it creates a paradox and there are consequences. If it was realistic, Venom may have been at the scene instead of Spider-Man or Spider-Gwen may have been with Spider-Man.

So it really does depend on what situation Flash is in, the problem is like Ollie told Barry “We are not gods”. And it’s true, there are so many variables that get in the way, like life, nothing ever goes as planned.

That said, when Barry uses his powers strategically, of course he is a force to be reckoned with. Almost unstoppable nature with many unique skill sets, jack of all spades, master of none.

2 Likes

Realistically, every Justice League member could kill each other if they wanted to lol.

2 Likes

That was proven true in Justice League: Doom when Batman’s contingency plan was used against them. Sad thing was that it wasn’t too hard. Not as hard as people make it look and even more so, that’s exactly and realistically how it work out, each of them could easily be taken out that way, including Flash.

3 Likes

Batman isn’t invincible like many believe. I mean yeah we love and respect the Caped Crusader but he can be killed too.

2 Likes

Yep, I know. I wasn’t saying that he was. Just that one mere human can take out the entire Justice League easily if planned and timed right. I suppose it’s just a matter of perception but that’s what makes cunning villains like Lex Luthor so dangerous.

3 Likes

Exactly! :100:

1 Like

He’s kinda stupid powerful, look at what Barry was doing in the recent issue of Heroes in Crisis, or in the recent Drowned earth. And Wally is faster than that apparently