Five Things You'll Only Find in The DC Book

How can just one book hold the secrets of the entire DC Universe? With over 200 pages of facts, character summaries, timelines, maps and more, The DC Book, written by Stephen “Win” Wiacek and published by DK Books, is packed with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the world(s) Superman and friends inhabit.

From the first moments of the Omniverse’s creation to the end of time, there’s a lot of history between the colorful covers of this book. There’s even a quick rundown of the real-world events that led to the creation of DC Comics over eighty years ago.

The DC Book contains so much info that I guarantee* you’ll find out something about your favorite superheroes that you didn’t know before.

Yes, I know who it is I’m talking to (writing to?) and that you’re all DC megafans. It doesn’t matter! You’re going to learn something new. In fact, here are five things—out of what feels like thousands—that you’ll only find in the extraordinary pages of The DC Book .

#1 A Timeline of the Omniverse

When did the Guardians first deploy the Green Lanterns? When did Atlantis fall? The answers to these queries and more can be found in The DC Book’s concise timeline detailing the history of the Omniverse. (The answers are three billion years ago and 40,000 years ago, respectively.)

The Omniverse is a collection of all the Multiverses that are home to our favorite heroes and villains. You’ve heard of Perpetua? Well, she was the creator of just one Multiverse. Nineteen billion years ago, Perpetua rebelled, was defeated and imprisoned. Her Multiverse was then cut off from the Omniverse and she continued her struggle unseen…at least until the events of Justice League and Dark Knights: Death Metal in 2018-2020.

To check out the full list of things you can find in The DC Book, head over to DC Comics!

Have you checked out The DC Book yet? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

10 Likes

Not yet, but I’m highly tempted to.

As someone who bought DK’s DC resource books from 2003 until 2018, I absolutely love the care and attention they put into their releases, all of which are continually fascinating reads, from start to finish.

I am 100% confident that The DC Book is every bit as good and brobdingnagian in quality as all of DK’s other DC titles of the last near two decades have been.

3 Likes

Well, I like DK and DC and large books so……

3 Likes

I got it last week and it’s not a big book. Measures about 9.25 x 7.75. Great information source. I showed some pages over in the Look What I Got thread.

3 Likes

Now this would be the present Santa wraps for me Steve. :joy: :gift: :santa:

Definitely interesting seeing what is offered in it. :astonished:

That map of Krypton. Wow, and so much more! :clark_hv_4:

2 Likes

Yes, I mostly blame you for making me want this book. :grinning:

That will never not be funny to me. :laughing:

3 Likes