First Meeting of The US Congress of The DC Universe

Welcome to the first meeting of The DC Universe US Congress!

Yes, a DC congress… I may have been drinking…

Current issues on the docket:

• Repairs in Gotham following the war between Batman and Catwoman.
  • Vote to increase budget of ARGUS following the attack of Insomnia.
  • Vote to decide whether or not Amanda Waller is a national security risk
  • Discussion on potential laws designed to restrict Multiversal travel and study.
  • Vote to have Gotham no longer be a US territory.

Members in attendance:

Please note: the members right now basically chose to do this in the other thread (Link down below). In 2026, an actual Midterm year, I’ll see if we can try something better, like an election. In the meantime, if you want to become a part of this, head to the other thread.

Speaker Mike Kane. Party: Democrats. Representing: Northeastern Pennsylvania. Username: @BatMike-ThePunisher.

Representative Barbra Gordon. Party: Independent. Representing: The Gotham and Blüdhaven territories of New Jersey. Username: @DC89.

Representative Collin Oscopi. Party: Democrats. Representing: Gotham city, in New Jersey. Username: @Jurisdiction.

Representative EDT. Party: Independent. Representing: the state of Lousiana. Userman: @EDT.

Representative Ronald Lincoln. Party: Republican. Representing: North Delaware, including Metropolis. Username: @Lincolnfan78.

More to be added…

Link to OG thread:

5 Likes

Before we start, I would like any suggestions or ideas. EDT already thought of this one:

3 Likes

I think I can start things off by sharing thoughts on two of the listed items.

-Gotham is a US territory and nothing should change that. It is indeed one of the worst cities to live due to the city’s crime rate, this is true. But that doesn’t mean we abandon it. If the issue is dealing with the financial cost if repairs following every major attack, then 2 things need to be done. Create a national fund for various cities to use to help repairs AND invest heavily in a proper criminal rehabilition program

-Amanda Waller hasn’t been acting on behalf of the US government for quite some time. Last I heard, she left our Earth to perform essentially a planetary coup on a parallel Earth. If that has changed and has reappeared on our Earth, then that is more evidence that her behaviour has become entirely self-oriented to serve her own personal agenda that puts everyone in danger. While she started in a morally and legal gray area, it can now be argued that every action she takes is a crime against humanity. I push to have her be put at the top of the country’s most wanted list.

3 Likes

I agree with you, but think for a moment: Amanda has more resources then anyone. Just finding her would be impossible. Plus, every incident involving her are not recorded for the sake of national security. We’d have no evidence.

2 Likes

I would suggest reaching out to some of the superheroes to confirm if they have encountered Amanda Waller and/or her Task Force X. Having those like the Titans or ideally Suoerman serve as witnesses can help ensure a legal conviction. As for the practicality of catching her…do we still have metahumans serving for the government? Captain Atom would be an ideal candidate to lead the charge of capturing her.

3 Likes

You’re making a good point, but I want a second opinion.

3 Likes

Fair. I suppose i should share thoughts on the other points. Regarding Gotham’s damages from it’s own internal war, my proposed federal fund to help cities heal from large scale damages should cover that.

Due to the magical nature of Insomnia’s abilities, that was not a threat that ARGUS was suited to deal with. So increasing their budget due to that is not a logicial idea. However, I will vote for an increase of their budget on 3 conditions:

1 - They dedicate their resources and focus to the study of the multiverse. We need as much information as we can and should be conducted by an organization with our oversight.

2 - We need to ensure that ARGUS has a stable director and won’t unnecassarily risk antagonizing the superhero community. Someone like Steve Rogers is who I have in mind.

3 - ARGUS must limit their focus and interactions with beings and events that can only be strictly defined on scientific terms. They should not involve themselves with the magical community. I also want them to turn over all magical artifacts they have collected over the years so they can be returned to their original owners.

3 Likes

I’m in

3 Likes

she has shown that she is one we should take her down

we tried that already twice it always makes us look bad see file no mans land and timline file dkr

we would have to hold the flashes in jail if we did that it would cause a super war tax payers would not be happy

3 Likes

in regards to clean up in gotham we should fund a superpowered clean up team and save money and time rebuilding power girl has worked with us before

3 Likes

We would need to write up some guidelines that will allow recognizable superheroes leeway regarding multiversal travel. But I still believe when it comes to the general public, we need ARGUS to keep a lid on it for the time being (assuming we agree on the conditions I put forth)

3 Likes

agreed

2 Likes

Not possible. The Multiverse became public knowledge thanks to the Batman Who Is A Smiling Prick.

4 Likes

Poor choice of words. By “putting a lid on it”, I meant making sure the general public doesn’t have the immediate ability to travel between parallel universes. We need to ensure which Earths are safe for travel, which ones will allow it, and hoe to travel and what that process looks like

4 Likes

I agree. I’d suggest something I like to call the “Angstrom Levy Project.” The aim is simple: someone who can traverse multiple universes uses that knowledge to help other worlds, starting with this one.

4 Likes

Interesting idea. But perhaps we should circle back to the multiverse project and deal with ARGUS

5 Likes

I would like to take a moment to vote and pass that I have officially decreed it legal to derail this thread in any hilarious manner possible; everyone is welcome to do so at any time the only stipulation is to be funnier than the last person who attempted to do so. I would like to leave this Joker Fish as a permanent reminder to keep the laughs going.

6 Likes

For some reason, this wasn’t marked as “Watching!” I’m here now!

3 Likes

Yes but this time, it’s @DC89 and I, government representatives of Gotham City, moving to separate!

3 Likes

I like it. Work it into a bill and we’ll vote.

4 Likes