First Look: ICON & ROCKET Season One #2 - Releasing on August 24th, 2021

ICON & ROCKET SEASON ONE #2 PREVIEW - THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT POSES A NEW THREAT TO ICON. DOES ROCKET HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SAVE HIM?

On Sale August 24th, 2021

Icon and Rocket are back again with an all new threat. Take a look at what’s in store!

Writer: Reginald Hudlin
Art: Doug Braithwaite & Andrew Currie
Cover: Taurin Clarke
Variant: Doug Braithwaite

Synopsis: Who is the mysterious Xiomara? She’s an attorney with a unique set of skills…and if you’re Raquel “Rocket” Ervin, she’s who you want in your corner when the United States government comes knocking on your door, asking questions about your friendship with the all-powerful alien known as Icon! A secret identity doesn’t get you far when every intelligence operation in the world is hunting you…

Pre-order your copy today by heading to dccomics.com or hitting up your favorite LCS! :rocket:

Not had enough? Check out another First Look for Superman Vs. Lobo #1 on DC Comics!

Have you checked out Icon & Rocket Season One yet? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

9 Likes

“Oh, most definitely.” I tell ya, #1 was good.

I’m looking forward to reading #2 when it lands on DCUI in the next few days.

Re: Superman vs. Lobo #1, now that is something I’m truly looking forward to. It will likely be the first Black Label book I snag in print.

3 Likes

This brings up an interesting point. I read Icon & Rocket #1 on here and will absolutely read issue #2 the day it posts but I’m not going to buy it. Part of the reason I’m a subscriber here is to save money on comics and books like this are a great example of the best this place has to offer. But…by not buying it…does that help doom the book? Does DC take into consideration the number of people that are loving the book here on DCUI when weighing whether or not to renew or continue the book? I know book sales have always been important, and I’m sure they still are, but what weight is given to a books popularity on DCUI in that regard?

I LOVE the sneak Previews on here. I’ve gotten excited about books I would otherwise not have been interested in because of sneak Previews and they’re such a fun thing to get access to as a DCUI subscriber. Thanks for this and keep them coming! Now if you’ll excuse me I’m heading over to check out the sneak preview of Superman & Lobo #1.

1 Like

By having a subscription you may not necessarily own the book but you are nonetheless paying to read it, which gives them an incentive to continue the series that we enjoy so as not to lose subscribers. Buying the physical book is a welcome supplement to their revenue I’m sure but doing things online is the way of the world now. In other words, i wouldn’t worry.

1 Like