FIRST LOOK! DC Presents Batman: Reptilian

Garth Ennis and Liam Sharp Bring A New Level of Terror to Gotham City in This Six-Issue DC Black Label Limited Series

Arrives in Comic Book Stores and at Participating Digital Retailers Tuesday, June 22, 2021

In Gotham City, either Batman or Killer Croc were the two most dangerous things lurking in the city’s shadows.

On June 22, that all changes.

A new predator makes Gotham City its hunting ground, courtesy of Garth Ennis, co-creator of Preacher and The Boys and artist Liam Sharp ( The Green Lantern , The Brave and the Bold: Batman & Wonder Woman ) in an all-new six issue limited series, Batman: Reptilian .

Gotham City is filled with murderous creatures who stalk the shadows–foul villains with murderous impulses who strike fear into the hearts of every man, woman, and child in the city. But what strikes fear into the hearts of those who terrorize the city? It used to be Batman, but something far more frightening than a mere man has begun stalking the shadows—and it’s after Gotham’s villains. How savage must a monster be to haunt the dreams of monsters?

Sharp’s breathtaking and moody art is the perfect compliment to Ennis’ haunting and suspenseful narrative, making Batman: Reptilian the kind of series that you’ll definitely want to read with the lights on. Issue #1 also features an intense main cover by Sharp. Cully Hamner ( Batman and The Signal ) provides the variant cover, and Bill Sienkiewicz ( The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage, Hardware ) provides a 1 in 25 “ratio’ variant (check your local comic book store for availability).

Enjoy this first look at Batman: Reptilian!

Each 32-page issue sells for $4.99 and arrives in comic book stores and at participating digital retailers on Tuesday, June 22, 2021.

Will you be snatching up Batman: Reptilian in your claws when it comes out? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

13 Likes

Looks DARK, apocalyptic and depressing. The cover should almost read “Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here” but Batman’s eyes are too good - like the final frames of the ‘Thriller’ video by Michael Jackson. I can hear Vincent Price’s maniacal laughter as I look at that cover and it’s the perfect soundtrack for me.

I love the look of this and the feeling it immediately gives me. I will absolutely be checking it out when it drops on here in January.

:fire: :100: :thumbs_up_batman: :crocodile:

5 Likes

Oooh! I saw Liam teasing something new was going to be announced today, but I’m in for this! Loved his work on Wonder Woman and Brave & The Bold, and he’s only gotten way more experimental and gorgeous with his work on The Green Lantern. Add in a legendary creator like Garth Ennis, and I’m definitely down for it.

4 Likes

Sounds interesting. :thinking: really like the art.

1 Like

It does seem interesting, and the art looks great! But, I’ve never really been much of a Garth Ennis fan, dating all the way back. He’s too intentionally controversial and “shocking,” for my tastes. I know that’s an unpopular opinion, at least in my circle it is, my buddies love preacher, I never have. Even The Boys, I recently read the first omnibus on Comixology and, meh. :man_shrugging: I like what the show is doing better. Never the less, the story is intriguing, and I like Croc. I think he’s an under appreciated baddie, and the art is fantastic. I’d like to see the Bill Sienkiewicz cover. I could be persuaded to buy it, at the very least, I’ll read it once its on the service.

2 Likes

I can’t say that I read too much of Morrison’s Green Lantern, but Sharp’s work here reminds me more of Batman Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On A Serious Earth than Green Lantern. I’ll be really interested to see what kind of story Ennis is cooking up for this.

2 Likes

Hell yeah!

Art looks quality, but Ennis is generally a little too edgy for my tastes.

1 Like