First Look: Batman Secret Files: The Signal #1

Duke Thomas Returns Home to Fight Metahuman Weapons Trafficking in Gotham City!

Writer: Tony Patrick
Art: Christian Duce
Cover: Ken Lashley
Variant Cover: Cully Hammer

Synopsis: After his time as a member of the Outsiders, Duke Thomas, a.k.a. The Signal, returns home to be the daytime guardian of Gotham City. But during his time away everything has changed, including those closest to him. And with a deadly influx of weapons being trafficked into Gotham by the mysterious White Market, The Signal enters a brand-new world of danger in his hometown, one that will push him farther away from everything he knows!

Batman Secret Files: The Signal #1 Comes out on July 7th, 2021! Pre-order your copy today by hitting up your favorite LCS or heading to participating digital retailers. :batman:

To check out an extra variant cover and some full-color blank pages for The Signal #1, head over to DC Comics!

Are you ready to receive The Signal? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

9 Likes

He look like Wolverine, beside that he looks cool!:grinning:

3 Likes

Yes! Another Duke Special! I hope Cass shows up here. They were great together in Outsiders.

4 Likes

He was in The Outsiders?! Man, I’ve got some catching up to do!!
(Yup, there he is, right there on the cover of issue #1 … I swear this was on my pull list, but I’ve never read it!)
Hope we get to learn of more fictional thrash metal bands on his playlist…

5 Likes

These Secret Files one-shots look like fun, but I’ll catch them as they come to DCUI. My reading list is full as it is.

1 Like

I have really big ideas for DC universe. I know this is starnge but please, please, please just hear me out!? You would want to hear this. @DC_Community

2 Likes

As it says in the back of most DC comics published over the last 20+ (if not longer) years, “DC Comics does not read or accept unsolicited submissions, stories, ideas or artwork.”

I won’t speak for DC, DCUI or either outlet’s legal departments, but its a good bet that that legalese applies to ideas and so on submitted in their community space as well.

The best bets to getting noticed by DC tend to be (bear in mind, the below are suggestions and are NOT guaranteed ways to get noticed):

• Hire an agent that can get your work into DC’s orbit in a way that is not unsolicited.

• Post work in a social media and/or art space. The more you post and the more attention it gets, the more it could possibly catch a publisher’s eye (be it DC or otherwise).

• Showcase work of yours in-person when DC holds in-person talent searches, portfolio reviews, etc.

• All of the above.

The more you bust your ass to get noticed in spaces DC (and other publishers) frequent and do accept submissions from, the more you might get a shot at proving yourself.

It goes without saying, but persistence and hard work are the keys to unlocking your dreams. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

Thanks. I accounted for all those things. I jus need to talk to a person that matters from dcu. Once they hear them its a sure thing. It has to be. The ideas are too good. And potentially too profitable. But i do appreciate the feedback.

2 Likes

Please also remember that in most respects, DCUI and DC Comics are two seperate bodies and that personnel from the former can’t necessarily make things happen in the latter, i.e. pass on ideas of yours to DC Comics and/or greenlight an idea of yours for them.

No matter how good of an idea you feel you have, the job of DCUI employees isn’t to nurture talent for DC Comics.

The job of DCUI employees is to focus on the operations of the platform and ensure it runs as smoothly as possible at all times, be that in terms of content, promotions, community maintenance, engagement and/or moderation, in addition to all other points of important operation(s).

Again, your best bets in getting your ideas heard are through an agent, making yourself known online and/or presenting your ideas to DC Comics when they do happen to offer in-person reviews, workshops, submission contests, etc.

I’m sure you have great ideas and I wish you the very best in bringing them to life.

1 Like

Yes thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

2 Likes