First Look: BATMAN: SECRET FILES HUNTRESS #1 - Releasing on July 27th, 2021

BATMAN: SECRET FILES HUNTRESS #1 PREVIEW - TAKEN OVER BY A PARASITE, HUNTRESS HAS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET REVENGE ON THE CULPRIT. CAN SHE BREAK FREE AND TAKE THEM DOWN?

On sale July 27th, 2021

Huntress is back in an all-new one-shot set in the streets of Gotham. We have a first look to show you what you’re in for!

Writer: Mariko Tamaki
Artist: David Lapham
Colors: Trish Mulvihill
Letters: Rob Leigh
Cover: Irvin Rodriguez
Variant Cover: Riccardo Federici

Synopsis: Huntress returns in an all-new one-shot adventure! Gotham’s Violet Vengeance lived through a lot in the last few weeks…including her brain being invaded by a violent parasite bent on sending her on a deadly slugfest bender. Not fun, amiright? Well, Helena Bertinelli is no one to mess with-and when the villainous Vile’s parasite gives her the ability to see through the eyes of his victims? You best believe she’s gonna track him down and pop an arrow in that slimeball. Look out, Batman, Huntress is on the prowl…

Pre-order your copy today by heading to dccomics.com or hitting up your favorite LCS!

Want more? Then head over to DC Comics to check out the First Look for Icon and Rocket: Season One #1!

Are you excited for this next entry featuring Huntress? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

17 Likes

Damn, Huntress is real sassy about helping Batman, huh? :unamused:

9 Likes

Gottta love a girl with Sass, looks great look forward to reading it.

8 Likes

Okay, I’ve been enjoying Tanaki’s run on Detective so far, especially her stuff with Huntress, but giving her own story with David freaking “Stray Bullets” Lapham on art? Sign me up!

8 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Such a cool cover.

6 Likes

Nice! I somehow missed that half of this announcement was coming. Is Huntress going to be released here same day as print, or just Icon & Rocket?

7 Likes

Hey Keath!

Huntress will not be released on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE at the same time as Icon & Rocket. Huntress should be arriving on the service in January of 2022!

9 Likes

Cool, thanks @Alec.Holland - was a weird pairing of announcements, so wanted to double check before reserving with LCS.

7 Likes

Looks amazing! Also, kitty! :hugs:

5 Likes

Doug the Kitty. :cat:

7 Likes

I thought this was a First Look at the Huntress one-shot, as there’s nothing else about Icon and Rocket: Season One #1 in the OP. :wink:

Security! Someone’s been screwing with the thing with the deal again! I blame Professor Frink, especially his robot, Floyd.

7 Likes

It is a Huntress First Look, but the full thing is available in this thread. We work in tandem with the publishing team to give you ANOTHER first look, this time for Icon and Rocket when you follow that link :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A-ha! The plot thickens. :point_up:t2: :face_with_monocle:

You can understand the point however, being that there’s no “Also, check this out:” notation for Icon and Rocket. It’s just…there, at the end.

Not trying to be anal-retentive (“Yeah, not much.” says @Alec.Holland :laughing:), just something I noticed as a friendly observation. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll update it :wink:

6 Likes

You, my good man of the swamp, rock and rule. Mmmhmm. :slight_smile: :+1:t2:

As for the Huntress one-shot, it (and all of the other recent Secret Files books), will be a DCUI read for me. They look neat, but I can wait 6 months for them to come to DCUI (or the eventual trade that would likely collect all of them, for that matter).

Icon and Rocket, that looks nifty and I will read it on Day One, along with possibly picking up one of it’s variants.

5 Likes

I have had this book on my pull list for a month, maybe longer? I am really excited for a Huntress one-shot and I am hoping this will lead to a new ongoing or cough…new birds of prey series…cough if this does well.

6 Likes

That cover really makes me want a huntress tv show or movie. Daredevil season 1 and 1/2 style.

I just love bad @ss vigilante chicks. Anybody interested in more comics like this I recommend manhunter (2004-2009), silencer, and huntress cry for blood.

8 Likes

Thank you for the recommendations, @raider_dave66! I just took a peek at Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood and it looks epic! Excited to crack this mini-series open!

@capo-manger, the intro of this comic reminds me of you. Have you read it?

5 Likes

Omg!!! It’s one of my all time favorite reads ever!! You’re in for a treat.

5 Likes

@capo-manger I am LOVING it so far. Totally understand why it’s one of your favorites. Just wow. Thanks again, @raider_dave66!

5 Likes