First look at Robert Pattinsons Batsuit

Oh wow, I was gonna say the opposite. I think it’s SO obvious that’s Pattinson’s mouth and jawline. In any case, pretty cool costume from what they showed.

3 Likes

you could be right considering i’ve only seen his face like 3 times in my life

3 Likes

I see it every time I watch the British movie about the school for special students.

3 Likes

Maybe they are doing the thing that they did for Titans with Robin? I mean, it IS a good idea.
On a different note, anyone get Arkham vibes from what we saw?

2 Likes

I thought the same thing. The stitching really gives it some character

3 Likes

I was hoping for a dark blue suit but I really like this

4 Likes

Not really diggin it too much, looks like he has no chin. I don’t know. Have to wait for a better look, what’s with the red light.

3 Likes

Other folks have mentioned this already, but when I first saw it, the cowl reminded me a lot of Adam West’s. Unlike the more recent cowls, the opening for the bottom half of the face is considerably large, and there are definitely marks around the nosepiece and the sides the cowl. I’m not sure how much I like the cape collar popping out over the cowl, but that is also very consistent with how Adam West’s suit was designed.

What little we have seen of the chestpiece/body armor is very reminiscent of Arkham Knight. And I’m 90% certain that the emblem is made of gun parts, which is a more literal version of Kevin Smith’s story in Detective Comics 1000. The tips of the “bat wings” look a lot like the hammer on your average handgun, and the center of the emblem has what seems to be two halves of a pistol grip.

Overall, this preview of the suit has left me very excited for the movie. The fact that they’re putting so much effort into these details leads me to hope that the story will be something straight out of the comics, full of mystery, action, and grit.

8 Likes

Surprised I hadn’t posted anything here! Yeah, needless to say, I’m loving this design. While everyone is comparing it to Arkham Knight, a few other influences I see:

The sort of collar around the cape reminds me a bit of the suit Batman wears in White Knight and Curse of the White Knight.

And the symbol with the lack of “bat ears” at the top is reminding me and others of the very first Batman suit from Detective Comics #27, and we may see some other influences in that, perhaps the belt or even the more angular bat ears. I think we’ll probably not see the purple gloves (unfortunately?).

9 Likes

Thank you for being so logical.

4 Likes

Loving the sneak peek! I wish the video wasn’t so dark and shaded in red. I’m liking the collar and if the whole Joe Chill gun theory of the bat symbol is true, that would be SO DOPE. At first I was a little hesitant of Robert Pattinson playing Batman, but this is making me feel a bit better. His jawline looks really nice in the suit.

I’m looking forward to seeing the whole thing including length of bat ears.

As a musicologist, I’m most excited to hear some of the score for the first time. While this preview is fantastic, I’m hoping there is some diversity in material. As much as I like Hans Zimmer from the previous Dark Knight Trilogy and as much as he does some great things and utilizes some fantastic acoustical effects… after a while it all sounds the same. And none of it is memorable which I think at the very least the main theme for a superhero film should be. We all remember Danny Elfman’s theme from the 1989 Batman/B:TAS, but not Zimmer’s. So I’m hoping we get something more memorable and melodic with next year’s The Batman.

5 Likes

I’m not a big fan of the symbol, and I hope the ears on the cowl are taller. Other than that it looks very nice, and I can’t wait to see the other costumes.

5 Likes

I love the handmade look of the suit. First thing I thought of was Batman: Earth One. Not so much because they look similar, but they both have a similar quality of a grounded suit that a young bruce would put together.

5 Likes

I can say that this movie already has a great first impression on me. I am really looking forward to just seeing the trailer, and ecstatic to see the movie.

5 Likes

All I can say… Is give me more! MOAR!

Rumors of a more “detective #27” style cowl!
Purple catwoman suit! (Hopefully less long Halloween)
Year 2!.. no origin story!
Andy Serkis as Mr. Pennyworth (earth 1?)

I’m tweaking like a dc drug addict

Colin Farrell as penguin! Paul Dano as The Riddler… I need pics!
Who are these purge looking gangsters!
And Gail?! Gail… the same Gail from the two part episode of BMTAS named, shadow of the bat? (The batgirl episodes)

Batgirl movie might be connected?! Shared batman universe!?

Just give me more!.. if you can’t tell, I’m excited

7 Likes

Bruh, the suit is so sick.

3 Likes

I didn’t notice the collar at first, but I think I really like it. You can tell they took inspiration from comics like white knight on that. Although it looks like the suit is all the same color, I was really hoping for a grey and dark blue look. It’s very hard to tell with the shading though, so maybe we just cant see it yet.

6 Likes

The collar has grown on me. At first I was a little put off from it but still wanted to reserve judgment since it was a partial reveal but as I have watched the video a million times I have become a fan of it.

2 Likes

Love it

2 Likes

So cool story about the emblem, it is the hilt of the gun joe chill used to kill his parents.

3 Likes