First Look: AQUAMAN 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR - Releasing on August 31st, 2021

AQUAMAN 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR - CELEBRATING 80 YEARS OF AQUAMAN WITH ALL NEW TALES INCLUDING MERA, BLACK MANTA AND AQUALAD. HERE’S TO ANOTHER 80 YEARS!

On Sale August 31st, 2021

Aquaman is back with a whole host of new tales involving familiar favorites (both friend and foe)! Let’s take a first look at what’s in store…

Writers: Jeff Parker, Marguerite Bennett, Geoff Johns, Cavan Scott, Michael Moreci, Dan Watters, Stephanie Phillips, Dan Jurgens, Shawn Aldridge, Chuck Brown & Brandon Thomas
Artists: Evan “Doc” Shaner, Trung Le Nguyen, Pop Mhan, Hendry Prasetya, Steve Epting, Tom Derenick, Valentine De Landro
Pencillers: Paul Pelletier, Scot Eaton, Miguel Mendonca, Diego Olortegui
Inkers: Norm Rapmund, Daniel Henriques, Wade Von Grawbadger
Colorists: Jordie Bellaire, Hi-Fi, Tony Avina, Romulo Fajardo Jr., Ulises Arreola, Jeromy Cox, Nick Filardi, Marissa Louise, Adriano Lucas
Letterers: Rob Leigh, Pat Brosseau, Josh Reed, Wes Abbott, Travis Lanham, Clayton Cowles, Andworld Design.

Synopsis: After defending the seven seas for eight decades, it’s time to throw Aquaman a party! This all-star-filled anthology spans across the ocean king’s legacy, not just celebrating his own triumphs, but also those of his greatest allies and enemies. We look at his ongoing romance with Mera, his bitter rivalry with Black Manta, his brotherly conflict with Ocean Master, and the inspiration he lends to younger heroes like Tempest and Jackson Hyde, the newest Aqualad. It would not be an Aquaman celebration without also looking at how he’s changed over the years, including a brand-new tale of Bombshells Aquaman. This special brings together Aqua talent past, present, and future, including reuniting fan-favorite creative teams such as Geoff Johns and Paul Pelletier, Dan Jurgens and Steve Epting, alongside Dan Watters and Miguel Mendonca. Plus, two of the stories are prequels to two new Aquaman miniseries launching in September, kicking off another 80 years of undersea adventure!

Pre-order your copy today by heading to dccomics.com or hitting up your favorite LCS!

Are you excited for another 80 years of Aquaman? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

11 Likes

:00_aquaman_rebirth: Sounds OUTRAGEOUS :00_aquaman_rebirth:

7 Likes

I’m really excited to read this! I am woefully behind on my Aquaman reading.

4 Likes

This looks so cool.

3 Likes

how many issues is it?

5 Likes

Just 1 issue, 100 pages long!

6 Likes

yes!!!

Pre-ordered and excited

5 Likes

Picked this up today and have already read it. Loved each story and the different iterations of Aquaman that were presented. They worked in a lot of the supporting characters over the years but mostly I got this for the two storylines that will lead into “Aquaman: The Becoming” and “Black Manta” miniseries that start later this month and this didn’t disappoint. I’m really looking forward to the Black Manta book and this set it up nicely with essentially a pre-credit scene/story that whets the appetite.

This also succeeded in making me want to read more Aquaman books. I like the character but I really like the artwork for his stories - the characters and action being underwater give it a depth and a different look from every other book and I enjoy it a lot.

1 Like

I really liked the Arthur and Orm story. The two POVs are so different at a fundamental level.

I was a bit disappointed with the book overall as it didn’t seem to showcase many different eras of the character or have the flow through time that the Green Arrow one did. Almost every story seemed to have the modern version of Aquaman (long hair, beard, tattoos) with a few notable exceptions. I thought most of the stories were decent though.

2 Likes

I always try to get these Anniversary issues. I enjoy the different stories from the various writers and artists. Hope to get one soon.

2 Likes

Would have picked up if there was a Golden Age era story. Dude hasn’t appeared in the GA since Roy Thomas All Star Squadron #60 where the GA Aquaman made his first and only modern day appearance.

2 Likes