Finished DC Themed Components in Exploding Box

I posted a few GIFs of the exploding boxes I made for my family. One of my brothers is a big DC reader so i made three components and you can see it in this YouTube video. It’s about 3:28 into the video. My favorite being the GL ring and lantern.

9 Likes

This is SUCH a cool idea!! What a beautiful way to make a scrapbook for someone without taking up a ton of space- but you’ve fit so much in there!! I’m obsessed with the Batman details being inside a little Bruce Wayne tuxedo :rofl:

The amount of detail and love that went into these is just bonkers. I can see why that Lantern ring light-up moment is your favorite.

I hope your mom can get back up and traveling again soon :heart:

5 Likes

That is amazing. Every little detail. The Bats and Supes suits and the lantern ring. The Tetris and Mario all of it.

A very awesome™:+1: gift

4 Likes

That is so creative!:slightly_smiling_face: Great job.

3 Likes

These are Epic! Great Job seriously WOW!

3 Likes

Thanks Applejack! The shirt origami was super easy to do. I don’t have any measurements but I looked up shirt origami. Definitely fun to do if you’re looking for DIY Valentines! hehe. :smile:

4 Likes

This is one of the coolest things I’ve seen! :slight_smile: You have a talent.

5 Likes

Thank you! It was such a blast to do… and I know I could make a bunch more DC ones because… well come on. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you, @Lincolnfan78!

3 Likes

Really was blown away by these especially when the GL ring made the lantern glow! Not sure if these exploding box gifts are a common thing but I think they’d be worth a pitch to DC. I can’t remember what they are called but you can buy these DC boxes that have a bunch of goodies like shirt and nick nacks. I’ve seen ones for Superman and Batman. I bet people with comic fans in their life would jump on something like this. They could be just a bunch of DC character goodness or people could submit personal info to make them more custom. I know I’d be giving a elbow nudge to people in my life around my Birthday for one of these.

4 Likes

I saw those boxes too! I think I’m Amason. The fun thing about making them is giving it to someone who loves the characters. Luckily I live by a good amount of neighborhood comic book stores with great staff!

4 Likes

You’re amazing and a genius! Such beautiful work.

All the best to you and the fam. / :white_heart: / :purple_heart: / :black_heart: /

c2

3 Likes

Thank you! All the best to you! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh, this is so wonderful! I think the Green Lantern ring and battery are my favorite as well. Your brother is so lucky to have you as a sister.

2 Likes

Thank you. I love my brothers. They took time off to travel to me to take care of me when I was going through chemo. They deserve the best!

2 Likes