Finally Painted Gotham Under Siege Minis

Finally got around to painting my minis for Animated Batman: Gotham Under Seige.
Can’t wait to get my 288 minis in Monolith’s Gotham City Chronicles to paint.

20 Likes

Those look great! I don’t think I’d have the patience.

2 Likes

Is this from a board game? I’ve been playing Zombicide with some friends and I catch myself almost every game wishing the setting & characters were from Gotham, keeping the style of play intact.

3 Likes

Yeah, the game is “Gotham Under Seige.”
Also check out Monolith’s “Gotham City Chronicles”

I thought these minis would be easy to paint since they are from the Animated Series, but it turned out I had to make up a lot of the details so it took a while.

2 Likes

Those look great! But, 288 figures? That’s a lot of painting. :grinning:

2 Likes

They both look like a lot of fun - Under Seige in particular for the Animated Series influence.
How long does it take to paint a typical mini? I’m into coloring, mostly with pencils, pastels, and markers, a little bit of canvas painting. This sounds intriguing as well. Excellent job, by the way.

2 Likes

I usually paint in sets of 3-5 minis, and it usually takes me around 6-8 hours for a set. So probably about 2+ hours per mini.
Canvas painting would be really cool, but I’ve never been good with coloring in that way.

2 Likes

It is quite impressive, what you do.
I’m not very good with canvas myself but I find it soothing in an oddly meditative way. I like to throw on some tunes/toons and get in a zone. I guess “good” is mostly relative anyways, especially if you enjoy what you do in art.

2 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

Those are really cool! I hate painting thing myself but you did a fantastic job. I might have to check out that game.

2 Likes

Nice work. I used to dabble in the garage kits and models stuff, but I could never get things just perfect, so I finally just gave up lol.

2 Likes

Your attention to detail is incredible, @Grimmshade! :open_mouth: Thank you for sharing this with us.

2 Likes

What kind of paint? You might have to mail me some figures and paints… I can’t leave my house for the next two weeks ;(

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

@CrazyQuilt that sucks! I’m hoping to get my next Batman game before getting quarantined.
I use mostly “Army Painter” acrylic water based paint.

2 Likes

I might order some stuff on amazon. Thanks!

1 Like

Those look great! I will be receiving Batman: the Animated Series Shadow of the Bat game in Dec. I am not sure if I will try painting the miniatures or not. There will be almost 100 of them total. I have a feeling I will not be that great at painting them if I end up trying.

1 Like

That Shadow of the Bat game looks really cool! I would have bought it too if I wasn’t already waiting for Gotham City Chronicles.

1 Like

@Grimmshade when are you supposed to receive that game? I has seen the Kickstarter for it… very impressive! I have a feeling that it is going to be a lot more difficult to paint the miniatures with that Chronicles game.

I got an email Tuesday saying they will be shipping this week, so barring any virus slowdown, I’m hoping to get it next week.
Monolith miniatures are pretty good for painting. They are slightly larger, and often posed for easier painting. (I have the Conan game, which the Batman game is based on)