Finally new comics in the library

Happy to see the updates. So much great stuff that I’ve always wanted to read, but didn’t have the $ means to do so. This is the way a comics subscription should look like!

1 Like

By the way ignore my last post. The comment about them not making an announcement… I was on my way out the door when I posted that so haven’t read the entire thread. Didn’t realize the reason no official announcement was made was covered. Really impressed with what has been added, I could nit pick some things missing or the like, but aside from it being made clear that the final touches are not done so some of those may be addressed soon, I also don’t want to sound ungrateful given they have added so much and things like some more recent titles and longer/complete runs are being added makes it clear they addressed some of the complaints people had before, so any and all constructive criticism can be waivered for a little while, I definitely feel we were listened to.

1 Like

It pays to be busy for a couple of weeks. That is a LOT of new additions. Super excited for all these additions to the comic library. This is going to give me some great reading between hours at my practicum. Thank you DC!

1 Like

D’oh! I started Young Justice (1998) out of order.

The proper reading order is:
Young Justice: The Secret #1
JLA: World Without Grown-ups #1-2
Young Justice #1

I have to go back and read The Secret and JLA: WWG.

Unfortunately you hit a speed bump after Young Justice #4. That issue continues in to Young Justice: Secret Files #1 (which isn’t currently here) Hopefully it gets added soon.

1 Like

YJ

Right here, Xander

Would love to see Amethyst series here, seeing @PrincessAmethyst posting above (hiya girl!)

DC Wikia says there were three volumes for her own series from 1983 to 1988, along with a special one-shot in 1986. Plus the Sword of Sorcery Vol. 2 series in 2012-13.

1 Like

My wife and I greatly enjoy the original 12 issue series…it’s like nothing you’ve ever seen at DC.

1 Like

I know, I’d love to have all of her comics on here! I’ve only seen the covers and they are all so beautiful and the stories sound fantastic. I wonder if Amethyst would be a good idea for an animated series for DC Universe? I know she shows up briefly in DCSHG movie Hero of the Year but I mean an actual fantasy animated series, wouldn’t that be wonderful? Maybe even done in that '80s style like She-Ra…

1 Like

@Mae, here are some samples of the art from that original 12 issue series; Ernie Colon was on fire for this!

1 Like

It definitely adds to the feeling of a fantasy world unlike Earth full of possible magic and wonder, but also odd and scary stuff mixed in (note the lapel buttons etc):

1 Like

And again, DC has never again to my knowledge done anything this elaborate and whimsical: dive into that cover border detail!

2 Likes

I was looking at some series earlier and I’m kinda bummed Crisis on infinite earths only has 4 issues on here I really wish they had the whole thing.

Yeah I saw that too and was surprised. Maybe this week the other eight will appear

@Don-El, thank you for those! Hopefully we’ll see the whole thing on here soon, it’s a pretty obscure character but so unique and fantastic. More people should be aware of her. Maybe DC could even do a new series?

2 Likes

Did you see the version of her in Future’s End here? Uh not exactly magical…

I really hope Green Lantern gets some complete sets. There’s a couple of #1’s with the series that has 43 issues being silver age. Which isn’t bad to have but still

1 Like

This is a great start towards a decent comic library. Am anxiously looking forward to see what the finished product looks like.

1 Like

This app has me so :heart_eyes::rage:. When works. Awesome. Wish I could comment directly to post. Also wish it didn’t rake an hour to read a comic. Spend more time trying to go back and find my place. Cause app gets retarded and sips to end of comic ( I am extremely blind and have to zoom in. Even after max zoom in]. But it does it even when I don’t touch pad at Akkad. Also wish had newly added tabs. In comics & media

1 Like

@Don-El, no, which issue?