Female Furies #1

I’m gonna try out issue 2 to see if I’m gonna drop it. I have never dropped anything before when it comes to comics, but I am seriously considering it. I even sat through that awful Plastic Man mini series that happened recently. I was really excited for that and I was excited for this series too. I’m thankful for Martian Manhunter and the Supersons series or I wouldn’t trust DC’s mini or maxi series anymore.

I agree the first issue was awful. I don’t mind the message they’re trying to put in with the me too message, but these weren’t the right characters to use for it. It was clearly a lazy and easy decision when a Furies mini series was green lit.

This story was insulting to all of the characters presented. We can all say they’re bad people, but the furies and the other high ups in Apocalypse were always treated as equals for simply being great warriors fighting for Darkseid. The Furies and Granny were always shown respect and they were all to me just a bunch of cheerleaders and their coach wanting to be treated like the other sports teams in their high school.

Maybe this will be an origin story for their team though, and they’ll become the Furies they insulted in the first issue as the series continues. As far as I’m concerned, if the second issue has the same direction I’ll either try the third issue, keep going with it, or drop a series for the first time ever.

2 Likes

@Q I don’t remember Kirby’s being preachy and cheesy.

1 Like

I enjoyed it, the Furies are badass bitches!

I’m never fond of comics with a political slant (right or left) as I buy purely for entertainment. That said …

I really didn’t take this as political commentary as it is more about sexual oppression on Apokolips. Its a very good book and I am quite interested in where it goes from here. I’ve got my opinions about where this very talented group of female warriors goes from here but probable spoilers so I’ll not get into it now.

I liked the book and will be patient as the storyline develops.

3 Likes

Picked up the book and thought it was really good. That’s exactly what I would expect from darkseid.

1 Like