"Favorites" List Displaying in Reverse Order

The default “Favorites” list on the Android app is displaying issues in reverse order from how they were added to the list. This was a problem that was plaguing the custom user lists back at the beginning of the year with the changeover to DCUI. That problem was fixed, but apparently the same fix was not applied to the default list. Kinda wish I’d known that before spending the last 6 hours adding 1,788 issues to the list…

Ah, I’m so sorry to hear that @KookieSuperApe! I’ll definitely take note of that issue.

Just in case this may help us, do you mind telling me the name of the device and device’s software version you’re using?

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy A20, Android Version 10

1 Like

Hmm – my faves are loading in chronologically from the date they were all added on both the app and the site. I use an iPhone, though.

Do you find this issue mirrored on the site at all, or just through your phone? I can get it noted either way, just wanted to grab a little more detail on the matter.

Both the default Favorites and custom user lists display in reverse chronological order (last added to first added) on the site and always have. However, both types of lists always have (or are supposed to always have) displayed in chronological order (first added to last added) on the Android app. The custom user lists are currently displaying in the correct, chronological order on the Android app; the default Favorites list that I linked in the first post is not.

Gotcha, I’ll get that all reported then. Thanks for clarifying everything!

1 Like

I was happy to see that the Android DCUI app (finally) got an update yesterday after five months. Sadly, however, a fix for this problem was not among the update’s improvements. So, I thought I’d resurface this thread to get some fresh eyes on it and remind everyone that this is still a problem that very much needs to be fixed. In the meantime, I’ve been adding the issues that I want to read to my Favorites list backwards to get them to display in the correct order. (Ah, the very silly things one needs to do to get DCUI to work correctly. :face_with_monocle: :persevere:)

To be tech
For a moment

This bug is very strange

If the data is in a SQL database

It should be easy to sort the data
By using
ORDER BY
(If an appropriate column field exists)

The app
Seems to be using
The JSON data format
Since I get a error sometimes
Stating that

And the underlying data structure

Must be STACK
(Last In First Out)

Rather than QUEUE
(First In First Out)

Even then
Data Structures
Nowadays are accessed
Using Library Functions
Not hard coded

So it should be easy to change

Unless the code base
Is difficult to maintain

Or this function is deep in the code base and hard to find

Or this function is used in many modules
Where Stack not Queue
Is the appropriate format

Or the development staff is not knowledgeable enough about the database platform

Or development staff are assigned to more important tasks

2 Likes

So, there was another “bug fix” update to the Android app yesterday, but this problem was still not one of the fixes. @moderators, can someone please confirm that the team is aware of this problem and is actively working to fix it? Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @KookieSuperApe, thanks for bringing this back up to our attention. I can confirm that the team is still aware of the issue and are looking into it, but we’ll give them another ping about it to see if they have any updates. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @moderators I’m experiencing the same problem and wondering if there’s a solution or workaround.

Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately we don’t currently have a workaround for this, nor can we provide an ETA for resolution at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please reach out to our support team here if you find this issue is still persisting!

1 Like