Favorite Writer and Artist?

Who’s your favorite DC Writer and Artist?

1 Like

Scott Snyder. Tie between Capullo and Jim Lee

2 Likes

For me it’s a toss up between Snyder and James the 4th for writing and Capullo and Fabok for art.

Personally, I love Jim Lee. All my favorite art and stories are by him - I mean read the New 52 :slight_smile:

I love this community because of questions like this! This is tough, but Stan Lee and Curt Swan top my list.
Honorable mentions go to Roy Thomas, Len Wein, Marv Wolfman, Gerry Conway, Cary Bates, Elliot S! Maggin, Geoff Johns, Arche Goodwin, Denny O’Neill, Anne Nocenti, Gardner Fox, John Broome, Robert Kanigher, Bob Haney and Chris Claremont. Then there are the folks that could do both: George Perez, John Byrne. Dan Jurgens. Jerry Ordway

Oh, and let’s not forget these great artists: Neal Adams, Gil Kane, Joe Kubert, Murphy Anderson, Wally Wood, Carmine Infantino, John and Sal Buscema, Walt Simonson, Irv Novick, Andru and Esposito–and the one man who did it all–the KING–Jack Kirby!

2 Likes

Loved Judd Winnick back in the day.

Geoff Johns is my favorite, but he has slowed down so much lately…

Tomasi on Superman was awesome, Tom King on Batman has been awesome. I will always wonder why anyone likes Snyder…

Ben Percy on Green Arrow was good, but trailed off…Sam Humphries on Green Lanterns was extremely underrated, his Nightwing not so much…

I cannot wait for Tomasi to do Detective.

Scott Mcdaniel drew the best Bat books ever.

All time favorite Writer for DC is Mark Waid. Flash Year One is amazing and on this App. Kingdom Come is also superb.

And Hester and Parks on Green Arrow is my all time favorite DC art. Those two rule together.

That’s pretty easy for me Geoff Johns is my favorite writer and for artist I have to pick Alex Ross. I have to say though DC writers can be sort of hit and miss for me, but I’ve always felt that most of the artwork is held to a pretty high standard.

4 Likes

Jack “the king” Kirby.

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo for sure there Batman run was killer.

2 Likes

I am so glad I did not see Dan Didio up there. For me it would be Chuck Dickson and Jim Lee