Favorite teams in DC comics?

There are a lot of teams in DC comics so who’s everyone’s favorites to read. We got justice league, titans, justice league dark, suicide squad, green lantern corps, haven’t read much I believe new gods also. For me 1 titans 2 suicide 3 justice 4 dark I haven’t read enough about the others unfortunately yet.

1 Like
  1. Green Lantern Corps (if it counts as a team)
  2. Batfamily (again if it counts)
  3. Justice League International
  4. Titans (Grayson’s version)
  5. Justice League of America (Morrison’s)
    Not really into team comics, they tend to be more action-oriented and I prefer emotion-oriented (but team comics focused on emotions are something I love) but those are the ones I read and enjoyed.
1 Like

I was planning to start some green lantern corps since I haven’t read much of them yet

1 Like

I’ve always been a sucker for the Justice Society of America. I love the history of the team. They were the first and even though they might seem passe, they continue to endure. While other teams are just that–teams–the JSA has always been a family.

2 Likes

In no particular order:
–Legion of Superheroes (Original/Retroboot)
–JSA (Geoff Johns)
–Justice League Dark (current lineup)
–Shadowpact
–Morrison’s JLA
–Tynion’s Detective Comics Batfamily lineup
–Shazam/Marvel Family
–Red Lantern Corps (Charles Soule run)
–Titans/Teen Titans
–Super Young Team (hey, somebody’s gotta remember they exist)

2 Likes

@Jeffrey Okay, so have you read any Green Lantern comics? Because if you want to get into GL corner of the DC Universe, the best way is using that reading order: https://comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/characters/green-lantern-reading-order/
You can read Green Lantern (2005) #29-35 (origin of the first Earth Lantern, Hal Jordan) first or right before Blackest Night event (because it sets up a little). Then find Green Lantern: Rebirth on the list and try to read all of the issues in the order this page gives.

For Blackest Night and Brightest Day read the title miniseries, and things that have “lantern” in them. You can skip Flashpoint. The idea is that if you don’t like one of the series, just drop it and come back to it when it’s a part of a crossover event. The exception is Red Lanterns which most people say was terrible but #21 brings Charles Soule to the series and its quality goes way up. It’s a very time consuming read but for me it was very rewarding, especially Green Lantern Corps by Dave Gibbons and the Peter Tomasi.

1 Like

Thanks for the green lantern ideas I was planning to start on them soon. Lot of new teams I’ve never heard of I can check out also

1 Like

Gotta go with teen titans/Titans

1 Like

JLI

1 Like

RedHood and the Outlaws. Only because it has red hood and bizarro two of my favorite characters.

1 Like

Reload never heard of that one I want to check it out. I’m still new to a lot of DC Comics

I have pretty much stopped reading team books regularly, mainly because The Authority spoiled me.

The Legion is another favorite over the years, but good luck i wish you well on their continuity.

Looking forward to the relaunch of Wildcats from Warren Ellis & Ramon Villalobos

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Justice League: Unlimited, myself. It was one of the first superhero shows I remember getting really passionate about, back in the day.

Another strong contender would probably be the Teen Titans. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not formally a team, but the Flash Family from the Mark Waid era (Wally West, Bart Allen, Max Mercury, Jesse Quick, and Jay Garrick) is one of my favourite groups of heroes to work together. I’m also really digging the new incarnation of Young Justice.

It’s not on DC Universe (yet?), but The Power Company was a cool team book about heroes for hire where the company was structured like a law firm.

2 Likes

Wolfman & Perez

Mike Grell (The Longbow Hunters), a good inker and Mike Gold.

Tim Truman (Jonah Hex) and his choice of collaborators

Kieth Giffen & J. M. DeMatteis

1 Like

Definitely Teen Titans and Young Justice. And although they’re not really a team, the Flash family and the Bat family are always cool to see working together. Seeing Batman with all of his prodigies is cool to see.

1 Like

I wouldn’t count New Gods as a team. It’s more of a society with teams like Forever People as a part of it.