Favorite Storylines of All-Time?

Everyone has their favorites, Many have The Dark Knight Returns or All Star Superman as theirs. You guys?

All Star Superman is really good.

1 Like

Probably Her Sister’s Keeper (Catwoman)

Death in the Family
A lonely place of dying
Panic in the sky
The krypton man
Death of superman/ funeral for a friend
Knightfall/kni ghtquest/knights end
Millennium
Zero hour
Under the red hood
Any hellblazer (vertigo only)
Infinite Crisis and all its tie ins
Contagion
Convergence
Multiversity
Rot world
Superman:DOOMED
Bane conquest
And pretty much any Post crisis Tim Drake story

1 Like

I really love & still enjoy Identity Crisis! I also enjoyed Blackest Night, Sinestro Corps War & Infinite Crisis.

You can only pick one. All time favorite story. Period. Mine is John Byrne’s man of steel, so classy and pure, old school at its best.

29 Likes

Before I answer, are we talking comics, any DC media, or any story at all?

1 Like

Mainly comics, but i do love movie storylines as well. I know its hard to pick just one, so if you have a couple fire away.

2 Likes

Dc media is cool too

1 Like

Well, if we’re allowed to pick adaptations, then Almost Got 'Im from Batman: The Animated Series. Not quite sure why I love that one in particular so much, but I guess with all the death traps, it’s like the best elements of both TAS and the Adam West Batman in one episode, with some great lines and a cool twist at the end.

3 Likes

Very classy. Good choice.

3 Likes

My top 3
1: COIE - it was a groundbreaking story arch for the entire industry. Real, top shelf heroes can die.

2: the JLU Question, other universe where Superman kills President Lex, cover up. - the way it wound thru the show. It was never a main story storyline. I thought was crafted very well.

3: The great darkness saga - it sets in stone (pun intended) that the greatest villain in the DCU is Darkseid. He is the threat that lasts through generations. More universe spanning than any other threat in the DCU, even Vandal Savage.

5 Likes

Gotta thank paul dini for that one.

1 Like

Dark nights metal

1 Like

I love COIE, marv wolfman is so talented man, so much depth in his writing.

2 Likes

Never read the darkness saga honestly. Gonna put that on the list.

1 Like

What would you consider a story? I love JLA Rock of Ages, Batman Hush, and Justice League New Beginning, not to mention Crisis on Infinite Earths and could pick one of them.

However, if allowed, I think my favorite story is Jack Knight series Starman, the whole finite series. To me it is one continuous story when things shown early on come to completion by the end of the series. I understand if something like this was not your intent. Jack Knight’s story from issue zero on is just amazing to me.

5 Likes

By the way, if it had been limited to just comics, I would’ve gone the same way as DeSade-acolyte and picked COIE. I love how it works in so many different characters and ideas from across the DC multiverse.

2 Likes

Jack nights starman is legendary dude! One of my fav golden age heroes.

4 Likes

Dark knights is sweet. I love when supes goes to the fortress and is confronted by all of them.

2 Likes