Favorite Snyder and Lora Kennedy DCEU Castings

We’re days away from Zack Snyder’s Justice League, and I’m celebrating by counting down my Top 5 Snyder and Lora Kennedy DCEU castings!

Coming in at #5 is Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman! Credit to Zack and team for going unconventional with this Aquaman choice! Momoa immediately brought a new vibe and energy to the character, and the gamble paid off big time with Momoa’s solo film grossing $1 billion! Excited to see what’s next for him in ZSJL and Aquaman 2!

4 Likes

Let’s take a moment here to acknowledge Lora Kennedy, the casting director for all of Zack Snyder’s DC movies and one of the greatest unsung heroes of DC filmmaking. One of DC’s greatest strengths in cinema is its casting department, and that’s all been thanks to Lora.

9 Likes

No slight meant to her! Incredible work!

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of Snyder’s films, but Lora Kennedy and his decision to cast Henry Cavill as Supes and Ezra Miller as Flash are spot on in my opinion. I love them a lot in their respective roles.

3 Likes

Time for #4 on my list… Michael Shannon as Zod! Shannon’s intensity made Zod an unforgettable foe, and IMO, one of the greatest comic book movie villains ever! Years later, and fans are still quoting “I WILL FIND HIM”! Masterful casting by Kennedy and Snyder!

5 Likes

Leave it to Jeremy Irons to steal every scene he’s in as Alfred despite sharing the screen with Affleck’s Batman! He’s my personal pick for sure.

3 Likes

Yes! He is my favorite onscreen Alfred! Looking forward to hopefully seeing more of him in the SC on Thursday!

2 Likes

My favorite line from Zod is…

I’ll find him, I’LL FIND HIM!!!
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Absolutely! I also love “Where did you learn to fight, Kal?! On a FARM?!” What a talent he is!

3 Likes

Time for #3 on my Snyder/Kennedy DCEU castings — Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman! Not everyone will agree with the interpretation of Batman written in his films, but I think most will agree that Ben played the material brilliantly! As Bruce Wayne, he looks like he stepped right off the page! Also, I don’t think any other actor has nailed Bruce’s intensity and downright need to be Batman in the way Ben did!

I am excited for Battinson, but Batfleck will always hold a special place in my heart!

1 Like

#2 on my list of favorite Zack Snyder/Lora Kennedy castings is Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman! An iconic marriage of character and actor that took real vision to see! Casting her was a decision that greatly benefited the character, the DC Universe, and comic book media in general! Wonderful!

2 Likes

Starting the Snyder Cut momentarily, but first wanted to wrap up my countdown of favorite Snyder/Lora Kennedy castings. Probably not surprising, but #1 is Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman! Besides looking like Superman stepped right off the page, Henry brings a soulfulness and vulnerability to the role that I and so many have responded to! I can’t wait to see him fly again in ZSJL, and remain hopeful we’ll see him in the role again!

image image

2 Likes