Favorite On Screen Superman

So who is your favorite onscreen Superman.

1. Kirk Alyn
  2. George Reeves
  3. Christopher Reeve
  4. Dean Cain
  5. Brandon Routh
  6. Henry Cavill

For me it’s Henry and Chris Reeve in a very close second.

4 Likes

Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, and Henry Cavill as my top 3.

2 Likes

George Reeves

2 Likes

For me, hands down, it was Chris Reeve. He literally was the living embodiment of the Curt Swan 70’s Superman, That said I do like Cavill, he just hasn’t had any good Superman stories.

2 Likes

Henry Cavill

2 Likes

Christopher Reeve

And in a close second, Tyler Hoechlin (the Superman from Supergirl.

2 Likes

I’m currently watching Lois and Clark, and I gotta say Dean Cain. He does a good job of being Clark Kent, which I think is more important than the Superman persona. In current comics for instance, authors have been treating Superman like Batman, acting as if Superman is the real him while Clark is a “mask”, and they make Superman out to be some all powerful being. Clark’s portrayal is what seems most important to me, and I think Dean had it down.

2 Likes

For me it would be Henry Cavill.

2 Likes

For a long time it was Reeve. Even after MoS came out I still liked Reeve. But now I can’t unsee Cavill as Superman, he really did something special with the character…he is the Man of steel

2 Likes

Henry

Second isn’t even close IMO.

1 Like

Cavill

1 Like

Christopher Reeve hands down. He was able to play the two roles as distinct characters and make it believable that people would not realize that they are the same person. That scene where he is about to reveal to Lois that he’s Superman - you can see the transition between the two personas and WOW!

2 Likes

Christopher Reeves always

2 Likes

Christopher Reeve was my childhood Superman, so he can’t be replaced however Henry Cavill is an awesome Superman for my adulthood.

2 Likes

Tyler Hoechlin on first for me, I would love for him to have his own spinoff.

Christopher Reeves second.

Dean Cain third.

1 Like

Henry Cavill will be my favorite “movie Superman” for many years to come, but Tyler Hoechlin is such a good “television Superman”. This is not meant to disparage between quality in any way, but I would prefer Cavill for the big solo, standalone, stories. Hoechlin could carry a long-running, expansive, Superman series anytime. Both are great!

2 Likes

Christopher Reeve was Superman. So much so that he shaped the subsequent comics. Brandon Routh is my second favorite because he continued where Reeve left off. It wasn’t his fault that the rest of the movie around him was a mess. All the others are good in their own way, but they are more nuanced interpretations that excelled in some ways and lacked in others. As for Tyler Hoechlin, he’s not bad but I thought he would’ve made a better Batman.

2 Likes

Tom Welling. Smallville was the first TV show I ever watched as a young kid. He is what every superman should be like in my opinion.

2 Likes

Henry Cavill

1 Like

Christopher Reeve

1 Like