favorite non DC comic book series

What are some of your guys favorite non DC comic book seiries? Mine is SAGA I love everything about it such great writing and the art is beautiful

3 Likes

The Kitchen is great. I don’t think the Movie will be as good as the book.

2 Likes

I’m in the middle of reading Jeff Smith’s Bone for the first time. It’s something really special.

6 Likes

@stuartbeausire I thought the Kitchen was DC?

1 Like

@yutzy Saga is incredible! This hiatus is killing me.

@Question Oh my god enjoy Bone it’s one of the best ever. Treasure that first read forever!

The two I’ll throw out are The Incal and Akira, two of the best books I’ve ever read.

6 Likes

Saga, East of West, Usagi Yojimbo, Madman, Hellboy, Criminal, Warning, Outer Darkness, Bone, The Last Space Race and more. I read a lot of comics.

3 Likes

The Vision, probably. That or Strangers in Paradise.

2 Likes

Not my #1 favorite, but Soulfire is high up on my Non-DC Favorites List.

So too are Fathom, Milk and Cheese , Atomika and Jim Lee’s X-Men output.

3 Likes

My favorite books outside of DC ones are the Catalyst Prime Universe books from Lion Forge, as well as Jazz Maynard, Rolled and Told, Infinity 8 and Stiletto also from Lion Forge.

1 Like

Not sure how that double post happened.

@JasonTodd428
Yeah that just happens sometimes. DCU should really fix that.

Lee/Kirby Fantastic 4 and Thor
Miller Daredevil
Claremont, Morrison, and Whedon X-men
Alan Moore From Hell
Bendis Daredevil and Alias
Brubaker Captain America
Busiek and Perez Avengers

5 Likes

Jeff Lemire series

Gideon Falls Horror

Black Hammer uses Archtypes from Mary Marvel Martian Manhunter Adam Strange Captain.America Black Super Hero and legacy daughter A Witch who Hosts Horror Comics Starman Blackhawks Legion of Super Heroes etc in ingenious ways. Has many mini series

We have him in DC Library

I recommend

The Terrific
Justice League Dark Arc 2011

Others I dont remember but others endorse

Animal Man
Green Arrow

5 Likes

I enjoy Saga but eventually began to feel it was a bit formulaic. Go to a planet, stuff happens, show some nudity, kill a side character, move to a new planet and repeat.

I guess this is a weird complaint considering I enjoy DC Comics, but it lost its original luster to me.

Oh, but I’d have to say Locke and Key are fantastic as is the first two volumes of Runaways and the original Exiles.

2 Likes

Waking Dead
Umbrella Academy
Kick-Ass
Age of Apocalypse
Brilliant

3 Likes

Off the top of my head I really enjoyed Mr. Majestic and Planet Hulk

1 Like

Kick Ass
Oblivion Song

Dardevil
Punisher

1 Like

Forgot to mention Fraction’s Hawkeye, Moore’s Miracleman, and Waid’s Archie. Saga is also great, but multiple people have already mentioned it.

@KamAndi80
Whose Daredevil and Punisher? Bendis? Ennis? The current runs of both?

1 Like