Favorite Live-Action Superman Television Show

For whatever reason, Superman seems to sell better on television than movies. Pick your favorite.

• The Adventures of Superman (1952 to 1958)
  • Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1993 to 1997)
  • Smallville (2001 to 2011)

0 voters

3 Likes

You’re right, but I wanted to include it anyway.

1 Like

No love for Krypton? It is a Superman-related show, afterall.

I voted for Smallville, as it’s my favorite live-action Superman TV series and is also my favorite live-action DC series, overall.

4 Likes

Smallville. Reading the comic continuation right now. Cool to continue the story in comic book form and see Supes in full costume.

Have very high hopes for Superman and Lois on the CW next year.

2 Likes

I voted having never seen a single episode of Smallville. Isn’t that something as a “Super” fan?

1 Like

I was in the same boat as you until last November. Binged the 10 seasons in 4 months. Fun show. The teenage drama is a bit much in the beginning, but it gets much better as the seasons progress. Oh and I can watch the last minute of the last episode on a loop :joy:.

2 Likes

Dude, that is exactly what my roommate says. I haven’t watched it because she doesn’t think I’ll make it through the first three seasons until it gets “good”.

1 Like

My favorite is Lois and Clark :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

That show was so great when I was in the seventh grade. I’m absolutely terrified to revisit it.

To me the show was okay first 3 seasons, but when Lois joins in Season 4, its the kick in the pants the mopey Clark needed.

3 Likes

Oops! I forgot about that one, my mistake.

1 Like

The teen drama certainly slowed me down when I started it. I think the show is at its best when it has a season long arc. The standalone episodes felt kind of world breaking to me and I tended to skip them.

3 Likes

Wasn’t so much the stand alone episodes for me. It was the fact that 14 year olds were discussing relationships and life issues at a much more mature level than a typical 14 year old. I got past that fairly quickly though. It was a lot of fun. Watching the relationship between Lex and Clark slowly grow from friendship to enmity over the course of the show is one of the best things I’ve watched on television.

Talking about the show makes me want a Clark figure or statue with the red jacket and the S.

2 Likes

DC Direct produced two series of Smallville figures.

Series one was Clark, Lex and Lana.

Series Two consisted of Clark and his Justice League allies.

Funko has produced Pops of Clark, Lois, Lex and…Green Arrow? I believe that’s correct.

DC produced a Smallville comic book during the infancy of the show. It’s not entirely available in trade or at all in digital yet, but last I looked, it was easy to get a hold of.

I was past 14 when I got into Smallville, but seeing how atypical the “kids” were was a likely reason beyond the Superman trappings that I stuck with the show.

I mean, when I was 14, I talked about stuff other 14 year olds didn’t. Only I never had “meteor rock” powers. :wink:

2 Likes

Rip 58-93&97-01