Favorite incarnation of the Teen Titans

My favorite version of the Teen Titans is the 2003 Geoff Johns comic run with Tim Drake as Robin, I also really like the TV show version that’s on this app, I’d like too know what my fellow DC fan’s favorite versions are of the Teen Titans. It can be from comics,movies,cartoons etc.

3 Likes

Wolfman and Perez run!

3 Likes

Wolfman’s The New Teen Titans, followed closely by Geoff Johns’ Teen Titans run.

2 Likes

The New Teen Titans. It was DC’s top-selling book for a reason.

3 Likes

Not the new 52

3 Likes

Personally, the original Teen Titans cartoon was my introduction to the team, and I still have quite the soft spot for it. <3

6 Likes

Believe it or not, I’m partial to the Wolfman/Perez era.

1 Like

Wolfman/Perez is great. I also have a fond affection for TTG, because it’s more than willing to take on any superhero norm and just twist it and laugh at itself. It is the antithesis of what do many comics are trying to be, which is “serious and relevant”. And anything that can throw up a mirror, and a twisted mirror, to that, I’m all for.

4 Likes

I have to say the 03 Cartoon. I grew up with them and that’s just the line up I’m use to. But doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy when they change it up.

5 Likes

@MisfitH then what version of the Teen Titans do you like??? If not the New 52?

Love the Wolfman/Pérez team, but to read I am more gripped by the stories that Geoff Johns told.

1 Like

I liked the mentor/teenage angle of 2003 Geoff Johns version, especially when Raven came back as a teenager.

4 Likes

Definitely the 80’s run, and even the early 2000s cartoon version. I did enjoy Tim’s leadership as Red Robin with the New 52 run as well. The current Titans run is also well done.

2 Likes

I like the rebirth roster

1 Like

Entire 1st run of Wolman/Perez followed by Wolfman and various artists through the Brother Blood saga in the deluxe format. I prefer Johns run at One Year Later with Rose and Kid Devil and Tony Daniels art.

1 Like

I’ve made my own thread about it, but Teen Titans: Year One (2008) is easily one of my favorite comic book runs of all time. It’s the perfect version of the team, in my opinion. The tone perfectly balances between campy/fun and somber.

2003 Teen Titans

1999 Titans

1981 New Teen Titans

In no particular order. Those are the great runs in my opinion.