Favorite Era or Decade in DC comics

As someone new to reading comics, I have read mostly 80s/90s/00s with a few new 52 comics mixed in there. I feel that with all the ones I’ve read, I’ve enjoyed the 90s comics the best so far. Between the 90s and the 80s, there was just a good quality to the story telling that I haven’t seen in too many comics since 2000. So I was just curious about what other readers have thought. What is your favorite era or decade in DC comics (or comics in general)?

3 Likes

I would say my favorite for DC comics is the 90s. Cause you had alot of interesting things happening not only comics, also TV shows and Batman films as well.:smiley:

1 Like

Rebirth. It has the things.

1 Like

Yeah, while I’ve read some great stuff from earlier and later, most of my favorite books that I’ve read so far, especially on here, are ones that got started somewhere between '96 and '03. I guess you could say it’s roughly the Zero Hour to Infinite Crisis era.

Crisis to, say, zero hour. Post crisis dc where everything went from stuck in 1965 to a brand new and exciting universe. Mid 80s in general, for both companies, was a big time

1 Like

I will forever be stuck on Earth 1 in the Pre-Crisis Bronze Age era of the late ‘70s to mid ‘80s! That’s when I was introduced to comics as a kid. I grew up with the Super Powers action figures, Christopher Reeve and Lynda Carter were the living embodiments of Superman and Wonder Woman. To me, that era will always be the definitive version of the DC Universe.

1 Like

Heh heh.

We are so old. Its cool to see folk here wanting NEW NEW NEW because theyre NEW NEW NEW readers. And new readers are vital. But to be able to flip thru old books, surf the dc past, thru ALL decades is awesome

3 Likes

@Jerm_78, Super Powers toys are the best. So is Christopher Reeve.

3 Likes

@Vroom, I know! I wish I still had all of mine!

1 Like

@Jerm_78, may I ask what happened to them?

To be on topic, after Rebirth my favorite era is post-Crisis. I chalk up Zero Hour as part of that but that’s just my preference. So many fun things came out of the PC time.

2000-2011.

Mid 90’s to early 2000’s.

The 2000s. DC had an All-Star lineup of writers & artists. Every week seemed to turn out something special. I also loved the 80s and 90s, and have been building up a nice bronze age 70s collection that I enjoy. The art from the 70s holds a special place in my heart.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses! Its funny I get the most enjoyment reading the comics from when I was a kid/teen that I didn’t even read back then. And it seems to be the favorite of most people.

1 Like

Yes this thread made me feel old too. Many of the younger DC fans haven’t ever hear of Pre-Crisis/Post Crisis. :grimacing:

Post-Crisis to Zero-Hour

For me really just Golden Age to Silver Age…

1 Like

Gotta be the 90s.

2000’s - 2010 easy.