Favorite DC TV show

I like Arrow. For a friend and I that was the show we didn’t miss, and havent since season 1. I’m glad because of it we got the cw-verse.

3 Likes

Always gotham. Has my heart.

2 Likes

Always and forever, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. It was romantic fun with chemistry and verve.

3 Likes

Well it use to be Smallville. And then it was Arrow. But now it’s absolutely The Flash. Although honorable mentions go to Batman: The Animated Series and Beware The Batman.

3 Likes

I know it’s cliche and all, but B:TAS and Batman Beyond are pretty unbeatable. The first few seasons of Smallville were wonderful, and then it kinda derailed from its premise. S:TAS is also amazing, but not quite as well done as its sister series. I watched the first season of Gotham and thought it was abysmal, and I haven’t really seen any CW shows, but I plan to watch Batwoman.

1 Like

Does Doom Patrol count as a TV show if I watch it on my TV?

2 Likes

Constantine and Legends of Tomorrow

1 Like

@Super-Squirrel of course

1 Like

Titans and Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

It’s tough because I love so many and my top tv shows do change depending on the seasons or current favorites. I’m currently watching Pennyworth, so we shall see on that one. So as an avid tv viewer I have to categorize them. Here are my top tv shows:

Classic TV (pre-2000’s) – The Flash, Lois & Clark, and Superboy
Classic Animation TV (pre-2000’s) – Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, and Batman Beyond

Over the past year I have been revisiting these classic live action shows due in large part to DC Universe. Some things didn’t age well and there are some cheese factor, but I still say the creative teams behind those shows nailed certain eras of the comic book counterparts. There were some episodes where I was grinning ear to ear.

Modern TV Live Action & Animated (2000-2011) – Smallville, Justice League/JLU, and Birds of Prey

Smallville is a show that is near and dear to my heart. It wasn’t perfect (like any show out there), but man did it deliver for me. It had great casting, and brought their own interpretation to these iconic stories and characters. When Birds of Prey first came on I wasn’t a fan because I wasn’t exactly sure what the angle was and there was so many changes. Having that said I recommend the series just for the casting of Dina Meyer alone. I thought she was a perfect Barbara Gordon from the suit to her mentorship of the Birds.

Current Animation (2011-Present) – Young Justice and Green Lantern: TAS
Current Broadcast Live Action (2011-Present) – Gotham, Arrow (S1-S2, S5, & S7), The Flash (S1-S3, S4 Prison Arc, & S5), Supergirl (S1, S3-S4), & Legends of Tomorrow (S1-S3)

With this category I had to go to specific seasons with certain shows because the shows are still so fresh in my mind. There were some seasons that were just so well done that I still rank them high on my tv show seasons ranking. I just love Gotham because it was such a slow burn at times, but it pays off later in a season or even a season later. You just have to get pass the foundational first season. The CW shows aren’t perfect, but those shows did some stellar seasons. For instance, the first couple of seasons of Arrow and The Flash or the recent season of Supergirl. Even then Arrow had some great later seasons, such as season 5 and the prison arc in season 7.

Current Non-Broadcast TV – Krypton, Titans, and Doom Patrol

2 Likes

Human Target
Green Lantern Tas
Superman Tas
Smallville

3 Likes

Batman beyond and Arrow.

2 Likes

In terms of live action: Doom Patrol is the best easily. I also like Gotham.

2 Likes

Legends of tomorrow, flash, doom patrol

3 Likes

The flash, Arrow, legends, and smallville

2 Likes