Favorite DC Soundtracks, Themes and Music

:laughing:

5 Likes

I gotta read that storyline!

4 Likes

You mean… you haven’t?

You need to read NML! It’s amazing! Infinity out of ten stars. Your doctor recommends it!

How I think I sound talking about NML:

How I actually sound:

7 Likes

I haven’t! There’s a lot of stuff I haven’t read.

3 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Here’s a collection of hopeful/triumphant DC music I listen to.

Superman Theme by John Williams

Batman Forever Theme

Themyscira - Wonder Woman 1984

Truth - Wonder Woman 1984

Finish What The Jester Started - JL: Crisis on Two Earths

Green Lantern First Flight Theme

Justice League The Animated Series Theme

No Man’s Land - Wonder Woman 2017

Hell of a Messenger - JL Flashpoint Paradox

Justice League - JL Flashpoint Paradox

Wonder Woman 2009 Ending Theme

It Wasn’t Meant To Be - Aquaman

Superman Doomsday Ending Theme

Proud of You - The Flash TV show

Kingdom of Atlantis - Aquaman

The Dark Knight Triumphant - The Dark Knight Returns

All-Star Superman Theme

9 Likes

You rang?

(All great picks)

4 Likes

:smile:
Still funny.

4 Likes

Ladies, Gentleman, and various non-binary or non-conforming life-forms, The Batman theme.

2 Likes

Those footsteps when B-Man’s walking through the pitch black entrance way. Chills :flushed:. Just. so. good.

#BoomBoomBoom

5 Likes

Personally, for example, I prefer this over the NML or the small but very distinct bit they use for Diana in other movies (e.g. her appearance in the Flash). I would not have hired Zimmer to score so many movies.

I also think the main theme from The Flash (DCW), when they use the excerpt and not the entire thing, is far more triumphant - personally.

Of this list, obviously this

and the one for All Star Superman would be the favorites.

AMC is often where I go see a movie, so I am still pumped that they used that cut from the movie in the Kidman advert that still kicks off every showing.

Some of those are; I’m not sure I would put those from Batman Returns, nor especially this:

4 Likes

Unless you’re a villain. Then you are f*cked. Seriously, that’s the whole point of the theme. Just listen to it for a minute and then ask yourself “Do I feel safe?”

2 Likes

:pleading_face:

3 Likes

I agree with most of your choices. The Steel soundtrack, however, I thought was terrible, particularly considering the film was produced by Quincy Jones.

For me, the cream of the crop has to be Gunn’s Peacemaker and The Suicide Squad. Those are the only instances in all of these where the visuals on the screen were perfectly married to the score.

3 Likes

Kind of like James Gunn’s MCU swan song, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3. Gunn seems to have a talent for that, doesn’t he?

3 Likes

I absolutely love “Earthling” from ZSJL. It pairs so well with what’s happening in the movie. Clark’s found peace, purpose, and has reunited with family. :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

I’m sooo ready for The Batman: Part II. WB says that this is an Elseworlds timeline but to me it’s mainstream B-Man movie canon. Reeves is killing it so far with this franchise. :+1:

5 Likes

Same. Plus, apparently, the Superman film that has Michael B. Jordon in the titular role just might be in that universe, so can you say “Crossover”?

(https://screenrant.com/superman-movie-reboot-batman-universe-pattinson/)

3 Likes
7 Likes