:grinning:Hi Everybody, What’s your favorite DC film of 2019? :popcorn::tv:

• Aquaman
  • Shazam
  • Joker

0 voters

2 Likes

Was Aquaman this year?

1 Like

@Reaganfan78 In the interest of accuracy, I’d like to point out that Aquaman hit theaters in December of last year. 2019 however did see the initial home video release of Aquaman. :slightly_smiling_face:

My favorite DC movies of 2019 were Shazam! and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, with an Honorable Mention vote for Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans.

2 Likes

Hi @Vroom, I know Aquaman came out last year on December 21, I wanted to be fair since it was still playing in theaters at the beginning of 2019. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I really liked Shazam!

5 Likes

Shazam had me smiling from start to finish, even if I was twisting my neck looking up from the front seat. I’ve seen it 3 times now

6 Likes

:hushed: Wow this is a close one! :popcorn::grin:

I voted for Aquaman because my second viewing in theatres was in 2019 and it was the most fun I’ve had with a movie since.

3 Likes

:grinning::popcorn::tv: I wanted to say Thankyou to everyone for voting, Wow it was such a fun close race with Aquaman in the lead as a winner by 2 votes while Joker and Shazam are a tie! One thing for sure all 3 films were great in their own ways! Thankyou again!

3 Likes

I might go so far as to say WW: Bloodlines and Batman vs TMNT, were the two best DC films of the year. I’d rank Aquaman over TT vs TTG but not by a lot.

1 Like

Don’t know how Aquaman tops joker in this poll but those are opinions and I respect that but Joker by far is my favorite dc movie of the year, even watching it a 3rd time it’s a cinematic masterpiece!

1 Like

Joker was a great movie, and that was my vote, as well, but I could see the others being a favorite. The other two could certainly be considered more “fun” movies and Aquaman was pretty epic.

2 Likes

I really liked Joker, but if you asked me which one I’d want to watch for fun with friends or family, probably Shazam. Aquaman’s great, but it’s bloated. I’d say Shazam get’s my vote.

4 Likes

Personally, I’m just glad all three were not only amazing films, but they were three in a row where we didn’t have to deal with the annoying drama of “Critics vs fans” Okay, we might’ve had some controversy with Joker before it opened, but it’s funny how all that died down when people went to see the movie and decide for themselves.

2 Likes

Shazam was not only my favorite of the year but it’s up there with my favorite superhero movies ever.

4 Likes

I’m honestly very surprised that people like Aquaman more than Shazam or Joker. When I saw it, I just felt somewhat detached.

2 Likes

I would say Joker and then The Kitchen. Shazam was really good too.

1 Like

My favorite DC moviegoing experience of 2019 was absolutely seeing Superman: The Movie in a sold-out theater on a giant screen and with Dolby Atmos audio. As much as I enjoyed Shazam! and the other DC flicks this year, nothing else even remotely comes close to what an awe-inspiring experience that presentation of STM was. It beat the tar out of AMC’s 40th anniversary presentation last year too (not hard to do, AMC’s easy to beat).

The “I’ll just watch it at home.” crowd doesn’t know what they’re missing. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Love them all, but I think I would vote for Shazam

1 Like

I’m sorry I ever close this poll, From now on I’m leaving it open! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes